Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't wait for 07 cbr

decision? tomorrow going to buy. so gsxr600 ore cbr600 ? both new.Honda have no steering stabilizer,no adjustable footpegs , no sleeper clutch, no integrated turn signals , no gear position indicator, so why Honda ore Suzuki?

Thank you for help.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Can't got wrong with either. gixxer has a more comfortable riding position imo.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well if you want one now, you will love the new gix I love my 06. But if you can wait till the rr comes out then go sit on all of them, and w/e fits you the best is what you should get, they are all about the same performace wise, and are all awsome machines. ALso yes they gixer is a bit more comfy then the rr. I love the thing, but like I said you cant go wrong with either.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Suzuki's to me are throw away bikes. You buy one new, thrash it for two years, and then toss it in the trash for a new one. I looked at the new GSXRs at the dealer today. Theyre nice new, but I don't feel they have the durability or quality that a Honda or Yamaha has. I just picked up an issue of BIKE, it had a very interesting article about different engine/gearbox failures complete with disassembled parts and explanations of what failed. There were 4 separate articles. Two were of failed Suzuki engines. No Honda parts in the article. Hmmmmm............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Honda parts in the article- goog info. I feel more comfortable on Suzuki, my spec: 5.8 , 154

·
Registered
6 Posts
both of my friends have new 06 gsx'rs We all went out the same week and bought them we all have approximately the same miles. I stuck with the honda because all their cars ive ever owned were the best quality.

I have rode both the 06 600 and the 06 750.

The 750 had its first clutch go out at 1100 miles with a beginner riding not even really abusing the clutch. upon disassembly and inspection we found that the two outer discs wear and not the rest. This tells me that its clamp force is supplying a uneven load accross the discs and the outer two take the abuse. The friction elemets are very thin so once even one wears, the bike begins to slip in every gear.

We now have almost 3000 miles, i have learned how to do wheelies and clutching it up over and over for hours and there is absolutely no mechanical problems out of my 06 rr

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Get the 05 or 06 CBR 600RR...you won't regret it. Grab a new 06 if you can spend the money...get one while they still have some left. After seeing the new CBR, the 06 should be selling even faster now.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
can't go wrong w/either. I've had two gsxr's a 600(01) and a 750(03) and put over 25k miles on each w/o any issues on either.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
vitali said:
No Honda parts in the article- goog info. I feel more comfortable on Suzuki, my spec: 5.8 , 154
well, looks like youve made your choice!

my 02. is for HONDA

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think all the other japs bikes are getting more and more solid every year. You can't go wrong on any of them.

Any bad things reported on the triumph 675?

·
Registered
118 Posts
shraz said:
I think all the other japs bikes are getting more and more solid every year. You can't go wrong on any of them.

Any bad things reported on the triumph 675?

The only bad things i heard about it is something along the lines of "Bad Ass". ^_^

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
between the 06 cbr and 06 gixx....get the gixx....I've riden both ...alot more comfy and power from the gixx

·
Registered
192 Posts
that 06 gixxr is pretty pimp.. if you get a cbr I'd get the 05' personally and save some $$... Either way though you'll love it.. Personal preference more then anything

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Youre probably going to better off with the Gixx. You hit it right on the head of the nail: Slipper type clutch, steering damper, adjustable foot controls, integrated turn signals, gear indicator... all things the honda doesn't have. Bang for your buck, it seems like the GSXR is the choice, as long as you like the way it looks and feels.

·
Registered
646 Posts
vitali said:
It is over, I bought suzuki
. Blue and white. pictures later, thank you for help.
Cool, now leave! Just kidding, we always need someone to harass.:icon_lol:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts