Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did you get a took kit with your new 600 rr i bought my used and have nothing just wondering

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah, we all got one. It sits under the righthand mid fairing panel. Tells you how to get to it in the manual, if you got that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i checked under the rear seat and nothing and under seat and nothing i know there is something onthe right side with a key hole but my key doesnt work or maybe i wasnt trying hard enough and i did ask the deal and they said they dont have it same thing with the owners manual i dont have one of those either soo next question can you buy a took kit???

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
srfinatsunset said:
well i checked under the rear seat and nothing and under seat and nothing i know there is something onthe right side with a key hole but my key doesnt work or maybe i wasnt trying hard enough and i did ask the deal and they said they dont have it same thing with the owners manual i dont have one of those either soo next question can you buy a took kit???
U bought it from the dealer, tell them to order both for you because it's a package deal. By law u have to be given a owners manual with your new bike. Hell they do recalls on cars just because of the owners manuals. They just did one because it didn't have a page talking about the child safety brackets behind the rear seat. They have to pony up and u have to make them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks alot i will go yell at the dealer tomomorrow then basters!!!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
The key doesnt stick all the way in, I'm pretty sure it's not even a keyhole. I got mine in an envelope also, def go back to the dealer and grab one, they have a few handy tools but everything else is garbage.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got it used with 5000 miles and yes i am a newbe or squid whatever you people say.. anyways in the tool box there was a took kit i saw it there when i changed the oil but the key didnt fit and i didnt want to break the key or the lock but your right its not really a key hole stick a flat head in there and turn.. thanks alot though anyways i still need a owers manual soo i have to back to the dealer and give them hell

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mine was already in the tool kit on the bike when I bought mine from the dealer. And you need an owners manual as well, it should has all come with the bike. (If it was new and not used)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Interesting. I have that "box" behind the right front fairing that is EMPTY but my tool kit is located underneath the passenger seat. Why do I need this box if the kit is located under the seat?!

·
Registered
928 Posts
If you place the tool kit in the "box" made for it, you might be able to carry a lock and some inexpensive rain gear. Thats about all I can fit under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Your dealer when u get the bike is supose to go thru a check list about the bike and teach you where things go and how to do certain things. We know that stuff doesn't happen. I got a half-assed one when I got one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
talking about a check list when i bought my bike i got nothing they didnt show me anything. i took a msf safty class thank god!!!! they just pushed the bike out the door and gave me the key and said thanks come again. no help with the bike very dissaponited what kinda of deal is that :-x

1 - 20 of 22 Posts