Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not know about the polish before and I had my pride in using Turtle wax to make my baby shiny under the SoCal sun.
I came upon some threads about Honda Polish and the devout religious belief by it and I thought I should try some.

I bought two cans of Honda Polish from Direct Line and they just got here today. After some good ol' twisties, I brought my bike home full of dead bugs.

I used the polish (and I read about how it clears dry dead bugs out of way no prob!) and I was amazed by the result! It was beautiful!:wav:
I rode kinda hard today and one of my tank grip went missing. So I took the other one off as well and obviously the tank was covered with the adhesive goo from the tank grip. :jerkit:

Guess what cleared that right up?
Honda Polish! :rocker:

I didn't even have to rub it hard. I let it sit for like 2 seconds and it came right off!!!!!

I am in love. If there is a Honda Polish Religion, all I want to ask is: "Where do I sign up?"

BTW, my bro has an R6 Raven and he was amazed at how good the polish was too. His only complaint is why there is no good Yamaha polish.
I told him there is a good one but that one is just for the piano:icon_butt lol.:hump:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice, I guess I'm gonna put the Plexus on a break and try out the Honda Polish.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I did not know about the polish before and I had my pride in using Turtle wax to make my baby shiny under the SoCal sun.
I came upon some threads about Honda Polish and the devout religious belief by it and I thought I should try some.

I bought two cans of Honda Polish from Direct Line and they just got here today. After some good ol' twisties, I brought my bike home full of dead bugs.

I used the polish (and I read about how it clears dry dead bugs out of way no prob!) and I was amazed by the result! It was beautiful!:wav:
I rode kinda hard today and one of my tank grip went missing. So I took the other one off as well and obviously the tank was covered with the adhesive goo from the tank grip. :jerkit:

Guess what cleared that right up?
Honda Polish! :rocker:

I didn't even have to rub it hard. I let it sit for like 2 seconds and it came right off!!!!!

I am in love. If there is a Honda Polish Religion, all I want to ask is: "Where do I sign up?"

BTW, my bro has an R6 Raven and he was amazed at how good the polish was too. His only complaint is why there is no good Yamaha polish.
I told him there is a good one but that one is just for the piano:icon_butt lol.:hump:
Sheesh, I do the same DAM thing with IMITATION FURNITURE POLISH, which only cost me a DOLLAR!!! and I am dealing with white wheels, and coming back from races that smashes bugs by the zillion.. BTW, the dead bugs hit my helmet too, I used the same stuff on my helmet shield. The car boys at the car shows, use Pledge furniture polish, that's where I got the idea from. However, Pledge cost 2 bucks at the dollar store..I am cheapee, I buy the imitation stuff.
:rocker:

Try this, don't take my big mouth for it. Go to the dollar store, get a can of furniture polish for a buck, and the next time you hit the twistees, hit one side of your bike with the furniture polish and hit the other side with the Honda spray polish, and see what comes out the best, and the cost is 7 or 8 to 1 too. :wav:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice, I guess I'm gonna put the Plexus on a break and try out the Honda Polish.
Same here, I use cheap dollar store furniture polish instead of Plexus..The money I save goes into my bike!!
:rocker:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I bought two cans of Honda Polish from Direct Line and they just got here today.

I just bought a case of 12
.... and you though you were a Honda Polish fanboy.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I have a bottle of Pledge Multi Surface and I'm tempted to try it on the bike. I have Honda Polish....I'm just curious about the Pledge Muti Surface as it is a little less oily than the straight Pledge for wood surfaces. Anyone use the Pledge Muti Surface?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I work in aviation, so I get my plexus free from our stores department, don't tell the parts guys..lol.

Yet to try Honda polish, and pledge just wouldn't feel right.:eviltongu

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
The newer updated Honda polish is not as good as the old one.
I just ran out of the original can and opened up a new one.
It streaks for a long time before disappearing.
I have to wipe 4X as much with the new one and it doesn't seem to get bug residue out as easily.
One of my favorite things about Honda polish is the scent.
You can't get that from PLEDGE! :rocker:

·
Registered
494 Posts
The newer updated Honda polish is not as good as the old one.
I just ran out of the original can and opened up a new one.
It streaks for a long time before disappearing.
I have to wipe 4X as much with the new one and it doesn't seem to get bug residue out as easily.
One of my favorite things about Honda polish is the scent.
You can't get that from PLEDGE! :rocker:
I look for scent from my woman, not from polish!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts