Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we all praise Honda polish on how it works wonders on our bikes. Has anyone ever read the directions on the back of the can?? It reads,

"NOTE: For chrome and unpainted surfaces only. Not for use on fabric....." it also says,

"...It cleans road grime, bugs, grease, dust and shipping preservatives from unpainted surfaces without water, leaving a "showroom shine" that helps to protect against ozone and dirt accumulation."

How come one of the mose praised cleaners for our bike isnt even meant to be used on painted surfaces. I mean, that is what we have right, "painted bikes"?

I may be reading into this too much but I am just damn confused!! haha lol

Help me out please!

Eric

·
Registered
191 Posts
i read that too and was confused. i called the stealership and they said they use it on ever surface on the bikes and have been doing so for a while no probs. same with a bunch of people. so i do too.

J

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going post pics of the stuff I got today just to see if everyone is using the same stuff. I need a little while though, check back in a couple hours.

EJY

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
If you're talking about Honda Spray, you can use it on any surface. My bikes rarely ever see soap and water. I use only Honda Spray and I love the crap. I have 3 full cans in my garage. I'm always scared I'll run out.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
It tastes good too...

·
Registered
259 Posts
I use the spray too, I only have 2 cans in my garage though, but with me not riding til next year it might last. :-D

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
BiGxbOix510 said:
Is that their replacement for Honda Polish?
It doesn't say anything as being used as a cleaner on the info tho.

Smell is good. I'm on the last 1/4 of my can.
Anyone know how to get more in CA?
I don't know. That's the only one they have at the dealership by me. They don't have the spray cleaner/polish.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it looks like someone beat me to posting those pics. Well here they are anyways. I have the same stuff as previously posted. Yeah, I like the smell too! lol I only have one can but plan on getting more! If anyone out there has something different they use, let us know.

But back to my original question.... What the hell is with the "chrome and unpainted surfaces only" thing?!?!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aznryder said:
its banned from Cali and many other states due to enviromental crap... sucks

You need someone to hook you up and send you some!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts