Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
might be a dumb question, but can i just go to a honda car dealership to get the polish? or does it have to be a motorcycle dealership? i gotta pick some up...havn't waxed it since i bought it. how much does it run?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I dont think you can. It runs about $5.50 or so. The stuff is awesome and worht the trip. Just be sure to wipe it down real good with a soft cotton cloth when you are done.

·
Registered
351 Posts
All the authorized bike honda dealerships should have it.
Just look in their parts dept. or ask them for some.

it is not a wax tho
It's a cleaner/polish (the best out there tho)

·
Registered
97 Posts
You should be able to go to any dealership that sells Honda parts/products. My local Acura dealership stocks honda polish and sells for about 7 bucks a can.

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
IMO this might be one of the few things you must buy to clean your bike, besides this, use also W40.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i like to use stuff like meguiar's quick auto detail...

its a spray andi just use a cotton cloth....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Honda polish is a must-have! I just used mine on my wife's Infinit, there was a decal from the dealership we bought it from that we removed. There was a bunch of the glue on the car so I sprayed the polish on it, let it sit for a few seconds and easily wiped the stuff off. I know most motorcycle dealerships carry it, not just Honda here in Vegas.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
blurider,

Go with Plexus, so far that is the best I have used and you can get it at just about any motorcycle shop.

Jason

·
Registered
799 Posts
Honda Pro cleaner was developed for the astronauts that flew in the Apollo missions. Along with Tang and hydroponics, Honda Pro Cleaner saw great developmental leaps on those missions. The fact that they sell this stuff in cans to average Joes is tremendous. Got a misfiring cylinder? Spray on some Honda Pro cleaner, problem solved. Running 2-3 seconds of the pace and can't find anymore speed? Yup, Honda Pro cleaner gets you back on top of the podium. Rossi brought cases and cases of the stuff over from Honda, sure they take off the wrappers, but we all know what's inside.
Seriously though, what the hell do they put in that stuff... anything that removes EVERYTHING else just can't be safe. ;)

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I hear ya, everyone's got an opinion. Its just that Plexus works well and you don't have to go to a Honda shop to buy it... Not that there is anything wrong with going to the Honda shop. =]

Jason

·
Registered
726 Posts
I used it for a while on the plastics. It cleaned everything, but I've found a better polish/wax. I still use it on the lowers, mirrors, etc though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm gonna have to put my vote in for Protect All. It is similar to the Honda polish but it seems like it has a little more wax in it. Link

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
davetx said:
I'm gonna have to put my vote in for Protect All. It is similar to the Honda polish but it seems like it has a little more wax in it. Link
Wow, i havent seen that stuff in YEARS! Used to use it in a detail shop that i worked at many years ago...GREAT stuff, but it can be pricey.

·
Registered
181 Posts
A must have a track days for cleaning the helmet between sessions if you're in an insect filled area

1 - 20 of 38 Posts