Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it to renew the membership? What did it do for you? I still have close to a year left on the complementary membership but just wondering if its worth to renew... its only $40 per year i think.

thanks

Luke

·
Registered
485 Posts
why, what is so good about them? that crappy red rider's magazine or the "roadside assistance" which ends up being someone to bring you some gas if you run out, you buy the gas.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
The roadside assistance covers anything... broken key, blown tire, no gas, accidents, etc... Free towing is included as well.

There is also theft protection reward coverage included, discounted insurance through progressive, and numerous other benefits. I don't have my booklet in front of me, but there's a lot to gain.

If you don't like it, don't renew. That simple.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i was just wondering, it just seemed like a scam to me. you really think its a good deal? maybe i'll reconsider. i respect your opinion

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I got home one day with a nail in my rear tire. Something didn`t feel right with the bike when I was about 60 miles out so I headed back. The rear tire was 10psi low with a nail in it (it wasn`t there during pre-flight). If I had gotten caught out on the road I would have had the roadside to fall back on. For 35 bucks I like the peace of mind.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like that this topic was brought up, I really want to know if there is a reason to renew. I have AAA so I'm not so concerned with Roadside Assistance unless their coverage is better than that of AAA. I know I got a bunch of coupons and a booklet I never really read. Anyway so all opinions are very much appreciated, who thinks it is worth and who says no. At this point I say no, but haven't looked over it too much.

·
Registered
544 Posts
well being i bought a vtx last fall, and then my RR this spring i have one membership til November of this year, and my RR's member ship will cover my till april of 05'

after that i prob will renew, i like the red rider mag, and the roadside peace of mind.

Tim

·
Registered
984 Posts
I renewed mine. To me the Roadside assistance is just a little peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Speaking about the memberships, how long did it take everyone to get their information after you bought your bikes? I bought mine just over 2 months ago and don't have anything. I checked with the dealership after a month and they said it takes about 2 months. Should I check again?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts