Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Stargate SG-1 tonight, one of my favorite shows, and they had a car chase scene (wasn't a really a chase scene), but it was really a commercial for what seemed like an '06 all black CRB 600RR. They pretty much showed every angle of the bike, even showing the left foot shifting up.

I felt proud and very nerdy because of it! :D

All I know is; at the end of that scene I wish I had my silver dragon back so I could take it for spin!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I saw it and I'm fixing to watch it agin just so I can see it one more time.

BTW
Love the si-fi chanel

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
havoc said:
So you're admitting you're a sci-fi geek?

Yes :alien: :alien:

But they have the coolest shows

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i LOVE discovery times... NOT discovery channel... the discovery times channel.. it has the most awesome specials etc i ever saw.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Hey, live your inner nerd and u will be a happier person.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
well how about a link to this commercial if someone can find one?

·
Registered
240 Posts
yup, its all black 1000rr. Guage cluster and handle bar switches give it away. Oh and the exhaust's heat shield has the two vents on each side.

·
Registered
136 Posts
they aren't targeting anyone... if you didn't own one chances are you wouldn't have known it was one... if they were targeting the market they would have been smarter to use one of the models with the typical Honda wing decal somewhere on the bike. The bike they used looked like it had all decals removed.

Chances are it was the bike the stunt guy owned and that is why it was used.

by the way, Sci-fi Friday rules!

Rock

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
hammbone said:
well how about a link to this commercial if someone can find one?
It was part of the show.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
oh my bad what episode?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
DamnRock said:
they aren't targeting anyone... if you didn't own one chances are you wouldn't have known it was one... if they were targeting the market they would have been smarter to use one of the models with the typical Honda wing decal somewhere on the bike. The bike they used looked like it had all decals removed....
Rock
+1 your average non-CBR owner wouldnt know what that was. Heck, I didnt either until I caught the center up exhaust.

I think that chase scene was unrealistic and screwed up the story line.

Remember this was outside a Police Station. I wondered if that was a cop he took the bike from. What cop would do that?

If Cam ran up to me and said I'm taking your bike, I would have laughed at his government ID card and drove off!!

http://www.1000rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=21415

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ruthless I guess you're a pretty big fan, of "Sam" that is! I'll never look at her the same way! :D

I'm trying to find a way to snip that scene from the show now. I'll post later on whether or not I'm successful.

--

It seems this might take longer than I thought. It's a taking a million years for me to simply copy the show from my TiVo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts