Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda, the superpower of MotoGP, have again flexed their political muscle and altered their original statement that all six HRC riders would have equal machinery in 2004.
The biggest losers are Colin Edwards and Makoto Tamada both who'll be now given an old banger each out of Mick Doohan's shed, Australia, to compete on in 2004.

"It's an absolute digrace!" belowed an enraged Colin. "I hate Honda to the core. I want to see them painfully rot in hell for eternity. I've never liked them, I'm gonna join my old chums at Aprilia again next year. I just love them guys."

However it's not just Edwards and the Tomato who are feeling aggrieved as both Sete Gibernau and Max Biaggi were furious to learn that they too will be on lower spec machines to that Nicky Hayden and Zombie Barros will be riding.
"Equal machinery" said Max. "That's all I ask for. Equal machinery. Why can't I ever get equal machinery?"
Gibernau too was outspoken about the move. "I don't get it." said the rock superstar. "How come them two ejits get the best bikes? Hayden was shite compared to me, and to a lesser extent Max, last year yet he gets the best bike. And what about Barros? He joined left Honda for Yamaha last year and is rewarded for that move like this? Twisted."

An anonymous insider at the HRC plant explained the reasoning behind the move. "It's all fairly simple." he told us "It's all about sponsorship and trying not to look like idiots. Basically we want Nicky Hayden to win. We backed the scruffy haired lout last year and now it's of utmost importance that he wins so we don't look dafter than we already do. Also we're trying to get Americans to stop buying stupid crappy Harleys and our rocket machines instead. We realise that both Sete and Max would beat him [Hayden] easily on equal machinery, so we didn't give them equal machinery. Simple. As for the zombie, well he's Brazilian so Repsol gave us a huge wad of cash to secure he gets a full spec machine too."

When asked if he believed Edwards had been treated unfair he told us, "Colin should have read the fine print before signing up for Honda. If he would have done he might have seen and questioned clause 23.5.1.2 in his contact that clearly reads 'At any time HRC reserves the right to swap your bike with an old nail from our yesteryear museum.' It's his own stupid fault."

http://www.motogpnews.tk/

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know about this one?If Honda wanted Americans to stop buying Harleys I doubt Nickey Hayden winning the MotoGP would change there minds.Colin is American,and has more talent then Nickey in my opinion,so why not give him a new spec RC211V?Hopefully,Colin and the other Honda riders havent become to discouraged by this move or else Yamaha and Rossi may have there way this year.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just so you know. The page I pulled it off of is kind of a fun page. They take truth and mix it with fiction. It's kind of funny. So don't take it too seriously. I jsut wanted to see what people said before I told them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i thought so. i mean there is no way honda would say "We backed the scruffy haired lout last year and now it's of utmost importance that he wins so we don't look dafter than we already do. Also we're trying to get Americans to stop buying stupid crappy Harleys and our rocket machines instead"

·
Registered
176 Posts
Those Brit mags are so funny to read, but they should come with a glossery explaining some of the slag words.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts