Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
they have been out for years now.. if i recall correctly, bike mag reviews preferred the SV.. the SV is cheaper too.. they did like the 599's suspension, but with the price difference, upgrading the stock SV's front suspension would make the SV better and still cheaper..

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Yeah I like that bike. Its not new, I dont know how long its been around but I do know that they didn't sell an '05 model.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
My friends mother has one. Pretty cool bike.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
^ what he said...Honda is having bad sales numbers with it due to it's price.

All the mags always say it's a great bike but way overpriced in the catagory

·
Registered
799 Posts
never rode one but it looks like blast for commutting.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i figure the SV would be a better deal.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm sure they're just being discontinued in the US...they have a huge cult following for the hornets in Europe.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I believe the 599 is called the Hornet across the pond. It has been around for quite some time and is an amazing motorcycle. I'd say it's the closest thing Honda has to a beginner bike but it really isn't.

It's a pretty simple bike and is hella fun to ride. The motor is tried tested and true (F3 motor) and wheelies like a beotch!!

Only small changes were made to the 06, if memory serves me correct, the bike got a small wind deflector and a new gauge cluster. The only colour (at least for Canada) is black.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I love that bike, but yeah, it's too expensive. It's an F3 motor in them. If they'd upgrade the motor to an FI one I think I'd consider it. It seems like they sell it every other year for some reason.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts