Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 600rr and recently picked up a net to hold an additional helmet for the occasional passenger. Only thing is I'm thinking that the heat from the exhaust is going to melt the protective coating on the hooks that hold it down if they are too close. Anybody have a good mounting spot solution? Sorry if this was already discussed but I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
you plan on carrying a helmet all the time for the 'occasional passeger'?

seems odd, but i wouldnt think its gona melt dude. give it a shot, mb hold something other than your lid at first to check it out, but you should b golden unless those hooks are weaksauce

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I don't plan on keeping it on there all the time, just on the way over to pick up whoever I'm taking for a ride. I'm not worried about the lid falling out, just the hooks melting and messing up my white fairings :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use the loops that the seat slide into to hold the helmet off the side of the bike. just put the one of the rings around the loop. I usually put the helmet in a helmet bag and have the one strap hanging out.

If you want to use the net take the seat off and hook the hooks together underneath the seat and put it back on. I do this all the time with different types of stuff and it works great.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I like the last suggestion. I have a titanium akra and according to a heat temp gun the can barely ever gets hotter than a hot tub. I wouldn't worry to much about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts