Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I bought a 2005 cbr 600rr for 1400 sounds like.a steal but I kinda bought it on impulse ... The bike is not in bad shape it only needs a wind shiel. Now the part that I'm sketched out... The engine has 44k miles on it.... Am I in over my head or am I ok ??

·
Registered
944 Posts
As long as it runs your good! I'd take it for oil change and valve adjustments. There's a member here thirdgenxl I believe, he has a F4i that has 245+ miles on his. But he's a mechanic and takes GODLY care of his baby! So follow
In his footsteps take care of the maintenance and you should be fine! I'm coming up on my 20k maintenance soon!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
381 Posts
your probly doing better than me. I just picked up an 09 this moring and drove it all the way home and going to do an oil change and find a wire that has been cut and it is for the cluster which is not working now and the battery is dead. apparently he charged it enough so it would start for me and is saying he didnt know of any problems at all with the bike. It amazes me there are ppl that would do something like that. my bike is my transportation and it was totaled last month and i get enough to get another and get totally screwed out of $6k!!!! I'm beyond pissed, i'm sick to my stomach!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
As long as it wasn't abused it should be good. I'd invest some money and go ahead and do your valves for sure. Get your clutch checked, plugs, and do a good flush of all fluids.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awsome, was sweating bullets there for a sec. And yeah it runs fine i was just wondering cause I don't know very much about bikes or their life expectancy ! So what do yall guys think about the price?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your probly doing better than me. I just picked up an 09 this moring and drove it all the way home and going to do an oil change and find a wire that has been cut and it is for the cluster which is not working now and the battery is dead. apparently he charged it enough so it would start for me and is saying he didnt know of any problems at all with the bike. It amazes me there are ppl that would do something like that. my bike is my transportation and it was totaled last month and i get enough to get another and get totally screwed out of $6k!!!! I'm beyond pissed, i'm sick to my stomach!
Damn bro that really sucks... Sorry to hear that

·
Registered
381 Posts
well i got a new battery and some weatherproof wiring connectors that shrink and i hope this fixes it, then i need a chain set and tires. still beyond pissed

·
Registered
381 Posts
yeah but when i got it home and the right fairings off and found the taped white wire with the black tracer and touched it. it quite working
But when i stripped the wires and put on the connector it works fine now?????????

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah but when i got it home and the right fairings off and found the taped white wire with the black tracer and touched it. it quite working
But when i stripped the wires and put on the connector it works fine now?????????
I know how you feel haha, when I bought my yz125 it was okay at the time and then after a days worth riding a lot of problems started to come up that were unnoticed at the time. You're right, it's hard to believe people will rip you like that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you are a lucky bastard. why cant i find a 600rr for 1400? I'd pay 1400 if it had a blown engine let alone running!
Lol thanks pal. I hope everything pans out with it I might fix it up and flip it. But who knows I might just end up keeping it in the long run!

·
Registered
195 Posts
hey buddy $1400 for an 05' with 44k miles IS A STEAL!
with a price like that, you'd expect it to be a non-running donor-cycle.
you've got plenty of money left over for little maint like new tires, chain/sprockets and fluid flushes. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
at 1400 it sounds dodgy. is the registration and paper work in order? should have done a police check as well, it sounds way to good to be true. if id get a 250 for that price , that age, id still think its a solid bargain so you definitly got a 'steal'

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree with everyone else, as long as it was taken care of then mileage won't be an issue. You don't see many bikes above 30,000 miles because they are usually wrecked before then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah he rode it over with a blue title and the registration was out so I would have to do that anyway when I transfer it to my name, also guy was a TSA agent so I'm assuming he's legit? Y'all starting to make me nervous again lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah he rode it over with a blue title and the registration was out so I would have to do that anyway when I transfer it to my name, also guy was a TSA agent so I'm assuming he's legit? Y'all starting to make me nervous again lol
Well sounds like it'd be a nice project type bike. I wouldn't really say you made a bad decision.

But don't judge someone by their title.
Someone linked us to a previous bike thief and he shared things he knew and what he did, since he has stopped now. And one of the things he pointed out was, a lot of people were crooks that you would have never expected.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts