• Both in some combination

Votes: 23 21.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after having 2 close calls within a week and revving my engine (with akra s/o) not helping the ppl realize they're bout to take me out, I'm gonna try to train myself to use the horn from now on.

What do y'all do when trying to alert someone they're coming close?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
both?

10 char

·
Registered
837 Posts
I say horn, revving your engine makes you look like an ass. Horn says they're an ass.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
both?

10 char
I didn't think about adding that to the options, don't know how to change it now :retard: edit: thanks admin!

on a side note...that sure seems like a lot of hand coordination in a tense situation to rev the engine with one hand and use your thumb on the other

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I didn't think about adding that to the options, don't know how to change it now :retard: (if admins want to help out I appreciate it)

on a side note...that sure seems like a lot of hand coordination in a tense situation to rev the engine with one hand and use your thumb on the other
use the horn while the event is happenig, so you have full motor capablities

then let them have with the engine ;)

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
generally use the horn cuz i am going to be hard on the brakes, i have had chances to rev before, but its usually the little beep beep i use.
need to upgrade the horn to something more stout and scary, something with authority. haha.

·
Registered
467 Posts
My horn is not that loud, I usually get right up to there window and rev and scare the **** out of them and then give them the ol :fyou:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
use the horn while the event is happenig, so you have full motor capablities

then let them have with the engine ;)
Like Tenjin said... Horn... While revving your engine you don't have full control of your bike and it could make the situation worse. Say you need to advance away from said hazard and let go of the clutch while you're pegged out and ending 12-O'Clocking it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i usually lay on my horn and then rev the crap out of my bike as I pass them to have an audible feel to what i'm feeling inside...

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
Most times, my number one priority is to get the hell out of the way! Unless you've spotted the risk very early, using your horn/revving will be too late. If there was enough time though, I'd use the horn...and the finger! I'm surprised that wasn't an option!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I use my horn, however I've always wanted to carry a paintball gun with me to splat ppl's windows to get them to pay attention.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
The horn is useless IMO when you are riding in traffic with all the noises around you.

Mine has been disconnected long time ago; also because i never connected back it after my first few trackdays.

I just keep my distance from most cagers and ride with my highbeams on.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts