Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have an 06 rr with 14,000 miles on it already and at low rpms i hear this whizzing sound coming from the right side of the engine but when i rev to about 6k rpms it kinda goes away has anybody experienced this problem ?? if so what could it be i have an appointment at my local shop but its not until april 19 should i order a cam chain kit ahead of time if so from where ??? please help any input would help

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Make sure it isn't just your clutch cable vibrating on the right mid fairing. Take off the mid and then start it up and see if it is still there.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its definately an internal noise not a vibration it makes me a little worried to ride it

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've got 10,400 miles on my 06 rr. I'm thinking were hearing the same. I've been told by my local shop and a few other guys its prob. just the clutch basket. Nothing to worry about and fixed fairly easy. Let me know if ya hear any different.... there isn't too many of us with the higher miles....I think!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i also was told its possibly the clutch basket i was told that because i rode it so hard for that many miles that i put alot of stress on the clutch causing the basket to be somewhat damaged ???? but.. i was also told its the cam chain tensioner do you haqve an audio clip of your sound?

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think you can also get noise from the oil pump drive chain, it lives behind the clutch and doesn't have a tensioner or anything to take up any slack.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well my bike goes in to the shop on thursday so i guess we will see what the problem is

1 - 9 of 9 Posts