Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok all you 600RR riders. I need more HP but not crazy HP. I know, I know, if you want more HP then buy a CBR1000. That's not what I want. I like the 600 nimbleness on the track and this is my 2015 RR track bike. I currently have removed the cat and added a shorty pipe and a Akrapovic muffler and removed the inner part of the muffler out. I flashed the ECU running VP T-4 fuel and all I get out of it is 100.6 HP. I want a solid 115 out of this engine. My first question has anyone done any engine mods like remove the head gasket and install a .018 thinner gasket? what about cleaning up the intake runners removing the factory slag and gasket match both intake and exhaust openings. How about a 3 angle valve job. If I do these will I get the 114HP? I know you can drop thousands of bucks into the engine and get 125HP Moto 2 but that is ridiculous you might as well buy the liter bike and drop more into lighter components. I don't mind spending 3,000.00 to acquire it. Any real help who has experience doing this please help.

Andy

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,812 Posts
I need HP but not crazy HP, just 15% more. Lol wtf man

If your bike with a pipe and a tune is making 100hp on race gas you need a new tuner.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,812 Posts
i'm not saying it doesn't suck, i'm saying it shouldn't.

these bikes pretty well stock will produce more than that. when i had mine it made 108hp on pump gas with nothing but an exhaust.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Where are you based?
If you are in the USA - you would probably know that the ECU mapping due to emissions requirement results in significantly less power than an EU/Australia spec ECU.

Might have been better to get a Euro ECU, do a baseline run, and then flash the ECU to see what you get.

Alternatively, try and source an HRC ECU. There are also HRC engine components that can be purchased.

·
Registered
122 Posts
For reference; I just had my 2007 CBR600RR dynoed. It made 113.28 rwhp with noting more than a MJS cat delete pipe, stock headers and Akrapovic slip-on. This was on normal pump gas. On the base run my bike made 110rwhp, but suprisingly it was running a bit rich.

If there are any differences between the Euro spec and US spec bikes wrt emission requirements, your tuner should still be able to account for this in his tune regardless. Getting a HRC ECU requires the HRC loom, hence the cost keeps rising.

As Wibbly suggested, I would consider another tuner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx I know the older Honda's made more HP. Don't know why but the review on the 2013-2015 bikes done by MCN it showed 93.3 which is close to my stock. So I did pick up 6 HP but still don't know what Honda did to reduce the power. I'm thinking of raising the compression and and cleaning up the runners.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,812 Posts
honda heads aren't going to give up much. hell these engines generally aren't keen to give up power.

you'd have to do high comp, cams, and a lot of tuning to get any reasonable power gains, and even then you probably won't get what you're hoping for. a 15% increase is monumental, you'd be better of selling the 600rr and buying an r6

·
Registered
966 Posts
Ignition module for starters.
Better tuning for follow up. You have the same engine as an 07. Its just de-tuned for emissions control.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts