Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i took the bike in to get some new tires. on my ride home its blazing hot (above 90degrees) and stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for about 40mins. the bike temp stayed at/above the 200d mark

when i got home i put the bike on the stands since i was going to strip the fairings and i noticed this hose for the first time. the shadow on my garage floor it was spewing out steam and it dripped a little bit of green liquid on the floor. is this normal? its just an open ended hose near the kickstand

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
that is the over flow from your coolant reserve tank

if its steaming that tells me your bike is likely over heating

you say it stayed at or over 200 degrees, exactly how much over 200?

also check your coolant level in the radiator (with the bike cool of course)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it wasnt steaming per say...but you know how on hot days if you look at the shadow you can see the steam from your exhaust or any heat source on the pavement? thats what it was doing.
the hottest it got was to 220 and fans kicked on. when i removed the fairings (bike was still pretty warm at this point) the coolant reservoir (this is the white/clear bottle on right side correct?) level was at the top line. i did check this to make sure.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
well it wasnt steaming per say...but you know how on hot days if you look at the shadow you can see the steam from your exhaust or any heat source on the pavement? thats what it was doing.
the hottest it got was to 220 and fans kicked on. when i removed the fairings (bike was still pretty warm at this point) the coolant reservoir (this is the white/clear bottle on right side correct?) level was at the top line. i did check this to make sure.

ok, so you saw heat waves?

if so thats not something i would call abnormal, the fluid in the reserve tank gets fairly hot

i think you are A-OK sir.

Reactions: FlipDiver79

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i thought too but wanted to double check since ive not seen this hose before.

thank you kindly for replies.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Also it might be good to change to engine ice for really hot summers.

*edit saw that you live in colorado. Do NOT switch to non glycol based since it has no anti freeze properties.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts