Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looks like spring is finally here which is great, I got the bike out last Sunday and she's loven it. I did a few little mods to her over the last few weeks of winter and I just thought I would give you guys a warning. I picked up a set of Hot Bodies Flush Mounts, and I don't recomend them. They look pretty good when they are mounted except that because of the way they are wired there is a small gap at the tip between my fairing and the light. I got a deal on them so I kept them, but they retail for about $70 cnd. and they just don't have the quality to justify the price they feel very cheaply made, so if you plan on getting flush mounts I would recommend another brand. Just my 2 cents. Have a good one and ride safe.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
i said that before the hot bodies products are wothless
but some people insist on how great they are oh well
its their money buy the watsens D-Rock great product
and they are on your side of the world

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iI'll look into the watsens. i got the Hot Bodies for half price so i'm not really that worried right now, but i would no recommend buying them at full retail price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CHEWKNOW said:
Does anyone else agree with this? I just ordered mine and now am kinda second guessing it? So far the pics i've seen have looked real good. I dunno.
If you do get these and keep them do yourself one favour. The mounting bolt that is attached to them is way too long, cut it in half before you try and mount them or they will hit the air intake and you will not be able to get the front fairing back on...trust me. (Just don't go too short, lol)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a set and love em. I dont have any gaps between the fairings and the lights. Your call but they look great.

·
Registered
787 Posts
my hotbodies flushmount doesnt have any gap between it and the fairing....i think theres a piece of rubber that goes between them or something

only complain that i have is that theyre clear lense, i prefer them to be amber/orange

·
Registered
428 Posts
I dont think the hotbodies are that bad i paid 50, im not disappointed at all, yea mine has the tiniest gap but im not disappointed

·
Registered
787 Posts
RickRR said:
i dont know if i could stand to have the bike down that long :(

buy an extra one and powdercoat that, than swap it out = no down time......thats what im doing

·
Registered
192 Posts
Maybe we should all just pass around that extra swingarm so we can all take turns getting powder coated!?! hehe
Shade-

·
Registered
255 Posts
The hotbodies look sleek as hell... especially on a black bike. But just be weary of one thing, if you're not big into hand signals, noone in front of you at an intersection knows your turning.

·
Registered
893 Posts
mine has a gap too.... did you guys have to turn the lil bracket around so the bolt would have something to tighten up against?

·
Registered
736 Posts
+1 willing to pay for shipping both ways if this becomes an option!!!

Shade said:
Maybe we should all just pass around that extra swingarm so we can all take turns getting powder coated!?! hehe
Shade-

·
Registered
14 Posts
No I just used some washers on the inside of the fairing to pull it snug.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts