Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wheres the best place to buy hot bodies racing front turn signals the clear ones? i noticed theres like a ring around them do they come in differnt colors or do you have to get painted?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought mine through 58cycle.com. Free shipping for orders over $150. Mine were clear and I just installed them today. Looks great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
that is a part of your bike that you are talking about not the blinker..the blinker is just clear

·
Registered
250 Posts
Go to Michales or some kind of hobby shop and find the brand DELTA. They sell a Transparent Glass Paint in Amber. I used the conditioner for the surface then put two coats amber, one coat black, two coats amber. Finnished it off with 2 coats of clear coat and it looks great.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so i wanted to do the clear alternatives taillight thing at the same time whats all this talk of resistor wiring and what not? anybody know what im talking about?

·
Registered
35 Posts
sorry for the lengthly post, sI put integrated tail lights on my 05, the lights came with resistors, 25watt, 5 ohm i believe, when i hooked up the resistors (incorectly) they didnt work, so i left them out as the lights did not blink much faster than stock. When i put in my hot bodies flush mounts they blinked so fast you couldnt tell they were blinking. So i took those resistors i had sitting around from my integrated lights and started messing around with different wiring configs. I found out that you have to hook one end of the resistor to the positive wires (solid borange or blue depending on the side) and the other end of the resistor goes on the ground wire (green throughout the bike). Resistors do NOT go inline with the hot wire, or the ground wire. after i hooked up the resistors and soldered all connections, i electrical taped the sh*t out of them and tucked them down close to the radiator as resistors get hot. the electrical tape melts a little bit, but not too much. I also prefer hooking the resistors to the front signals instead of the rear because they are not on all the time, like the tail light, so they wont get as hot. hope this helps.

·
Registered
736 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If you're worried about the resistors heating up go to Radio Shack and get a 2 AA battery case. Gut it and use the wires from it for your resistors. If your resistors are taped up AND inside the battery case you don't have to worry about them getting too hot to melt the fairing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts