Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any info about what temp was kinda the threshold for overheating. When Im on the highway my bike runs about 180ish degrees and when im just putsin around town it runs about 2-215ish. Im not sure if its because i just got done riding hard on the highway and it's hot from running it hard or what. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance for your time.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had any info about what temp was kinda the threshold for overheating. When Im on the highway my bike runs about 180ish degrees and when im just putsin around town it runs about 2-215ish. Im not sure if its because i just got done riding hard on the highway and it's hot from running it hard or what. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance for your time.
you mean the sticky in the trouble shooting section, or the link in my signature

or the use of the search button wasnt enough?

Reactions: ohbc

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's normal.

It's not from riding it "hard" on the freeway. On the freeway, there is more air moving passed your bike = heat transfer by convection is greater.

In the city, not as much air moving passed your bike = less heat transfer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts