Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i am driving in traffic for a while and my temp gauge breaks 200 degrees and i start driving my shifting seems to be crappy or seems louder anybody experience this? oh and btw at work today i had fish for lunch and on the way home after work i burped really bad in my helmet, i smelled fish the whole way home

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another thing that seems to affect it is if i am only shifting between 1st and 2nd and back in stop and go riding, but once i get going and bring it to 5th gear and then back down it seems fine

·
Registered
240 Posts
APEX_600RR said:
Ya i've always hated the loud CLUNK from N to 1st or 1st to 2nd ... there's no gettin around it, awesome feature on every bike ever made
oh good i'm glad to hear its not just me, I find that if your stopped at a light and roll the bike forward a bit (with the clutch in ) and shift, It goes in smooth as butter. Shifting from 1st to 2nd if you pause between 1 (pause on N) and then go to 2nd it wont clunk either.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
I think the RR has the loudest clank when shifting...my friends gix 6 and my neighbors R6 don't sound nowhere near as loud as the RR but I like it.

Kinda reminds me of the old 5.0 Mustangs when you wiggle the shifter in Neutral , you hear that beautiful clankin.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
my suzuki doesn't clunk nearly as hard as the honda's I've had in the past.

I found the pushing the bike forward to give it a little momentum before clicking from N to 1st takes away a little bit of the clunk... go ahead try it...

·
Registered
865 Posts
i suggest castrol r4 superbike synthetic...its expensive, but its some of the best motor oil you can buy. it really smoothed out my throttle and gear shifting.

·
Registered
860 Posts
My bike acts like it doesn't want to go from 1st to 2nd at all when it gets up to 200 degrees and higher. The oil is fresh semi-syn. It's always been tempermental like that, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts