Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently ordered a black windscreen for my 09 Phoenix from Kneedraggers.com, who has hotbodiesracing.com ship direct.

I ordered the 3rd and today I called to figure out where my package was. Kneedraggers said they placed the order the 4th...ironically enough the package arrived this afternoon from Hotbodiesracing.co and the ship date from HBR was the 10th...whaddup with the 6 day delay before shipping? Oh well.

Let me say the packaging sucked. It was a box...with a windscreen in it. No protection, no foam/peanuts..nadda. Just in a plastic HBR bag and two pieces of packaging paper on it.

The windscreen has a small scratch, not the biggest deal but for the price...

Go to install the windscreen and you can clearly see where the holes were marked to be drilled, and they are WAY off, by a 1/4" or more. Then the nose of the windscreen is about 3/8" too long and it is 3/8" too narrow. The mounting holes don't even come close to bolting up.

Kneedraggers said call HBR. HBR says they never have these issues. I said well buddy my bike is brand new with factory fairings. Rep to remain unnamed said to forward pictures and a receipt & I will have to ship the windscreen back before they send me a new one? And they will only cover the shipping of a new screen?

Since when should I have to pay any shipping fees for a garbage fitting product? I can understand if I wanted to exchange for another windscreen, or if the price made me sick and I wanted a refund. But...their product fitament sucks.

So, heres to a cruddy review for kneedraggers.com for not standing behind their products & manufacturers (not their fault but I own a retail business and bite the bullet and stand behind my products should a manufacturer let a customer & I down). As for HBR, initial review is not that positive - but I am going to give them every opportunity to make things right like their product packaging says. If you are not 100% satisfied contact customer service and they will do whatever possible to make it right!!! Let's see...

As for buying parts, I am disgusted by my local dealer. While I like the parts guy and he's helpful and friendly, I have yet to buy anything and not have issues/delays/major confusion/price differences when it comes time to pick up my parts. Overall, I am disgusted with the aftermarket industry.

I would greatly appreciate advice on where to purchase products in the future. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
i have purchased from kneedraggers in the past and never had a problem, ive also got stuff from denniskirk also with no problems.

since joining here i have purchased from motomummy (forum sponsor) and they have been great too

i have so far had nothing but great experiences with my dealership, the parts guys, the salesman and im sure some of the guys in service to all ride, stunters, show bikes, track bikes you name it. i usually go to them unless i get an unbeatable deal on the web(like i found with motomummy).

·
Registered
78 Posts
I recently had a problem myself with a Puig Dark Smoke windscreen that I purchased from Kneedraggers. Instead of Dark Smoke the screen was PURPLE!

But I got to give a positive review to kneedraggers and their customer service. When I called to inform them of the purple tint they immediately offered to mail out a replacement that same day. Not only did my replacement ship out the same day but they also included a pre-paid UPS packing slip so I could send back the defective product. Two days later, my package was out for delivery.

I couldn't ask for better service!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucky. I was just sent in HBR's direction. The guy on the phone at kneedraggers was a real smug ass too.. I kindly asked with absolutely no attitude as I own a retail business, I know how far a bad attitude will go, absolutely no where. I can see how kneedraggers can't help me much as they do not stock these parts and have them shipped direct from the manufacturer... if I knew their customer service was going to be like that, I would have just bought direct.

I don't know, the guy from HBR said he would deal with my situation last night if I e-mailed him pictures right away since he had the following day off and wanted to get my situation resolved. Never heard from him. I suppose I'll wait til Friday to hear back otherwise I'll give HBR a call and see what the situation is.

Just not pleased whatsoever. I've dealt with a lot of aftermarket car part purchases online and fortunately I've had nothing but great experiences, however in my area the sport bike market attitude is odd & my experiences with purchases have been nothing but a nightmare.

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
heck
The site vendors here are awesome man regardless of being cycle sector, super bikes supply , riders discount etc etc give them your money they will hook you up its has been a while since i bought any thing from an outside vendor

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
^ werd!!!! I buy through this site almost exclusively

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moeman, I will def be doing this the next round of stuff I buy...

HBR has stepped up and is going to replace my windscreen. They said they will test fit the windscreen they are sending me on a 09 CBR an employee has to find me one that has the best fit & finish. If this is true, that's excellent customer service & it looks like I will be very pleased with the outcome.

However my next beef with Kneedraggers is not over. I will be contacting them about my shipping charges, even if they don't refund the $8 shipping - I would still like to voice my displeasure.

I will post pictures of the windscreen when this is all resolved.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had some communication issues with HBR, most of which were related to e-mail troubles on my end - but I did had some difficulty with their phone systems, but it appeared to be a one time issue.

I made a quick call to kneedraggers looking for some assistance & who do I return my defective windscreen to and this time the VERY kind gentlemen on the phone took care of everything, called HBR while I was on hold and arranged for a new windscreen to be sent to me.

Here is how it all happened:

Ordered HotBodiesRacing Windscreen for 09 CBR600rr from Kneedraggers.
Windscreen was cut & drilled incorrectly on CNC, did not come close to fitting
Contacted HBR, angry grumpy man on phone suggested calling HBR like the packaging said to if unhappy.
Contacted HBR, talked to a very helpful and friendly person who asked for photographs of issues & receipts before determining if I qualify for a new windscreen
HBR responded the following day by voicemail, however left no RA or address with attention to.
More important things in life took over for 7 days, however a few phone calls to HBR were made & I had difficulty getting through the phone system on their end.
HBR rep had apparantly e-mailed me a few times during this period asking where I stood with the situation (e-mails went to spambox as his reply address was not the same as the address I sent information to)
Contacted Kneedraggers again and was helped by a very nice gentlemen who called HBR and got through to who I was dealing with & took care of situation. I was given permission to burn/shoot/stomp/fix & sell/urinate on the defective windscreen since a new one was issued to me.
Checked spambox & found HBR rep's emails, sent an e-mail to appologize for my e-mail difficulties and mentioned he was very helpful & that I made sure kneedraggers knew this.

End result = I will do business with kneedraggers.com & HBR again.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oyyyyyyyyyy.......

Received my replacement windscreen from HRB yesterday morning. I just *attempted* to install it.

While I was optimistic every issue was solved (as far as customer service), it gave me hope that my replacement windscreen would fit.

Well, it doesn't.

First, while my mounting holes ACTUALLY come somewhat close to lining up this time, the nose of the windscreen is still far too long. After about 1 hour of carefully wetsanding, I can get the windscreen to finally line up with the factory fairing holes. However, viewing the bike from the front - there is a large gap between the fairing/screen, as the screen holes are too close together and you have to tweak the fairing thus creating a small 'bubble'. Whatever.

HBR claims this product is cut on a CNC. I call absolutely BULL on that. Why? I operated lathes, mills & cnc's for 4 years. I've never witnessed a cnc cut a piece with such horrible accuracy, the bottom mounting holes, you can cleary see where the mill operator cut too deep into the mouting tab. How can I attest to the fact this probably isn't cut on a cnc? Both windscreens I have in my possession - have been 'over cut' on opposite tabs, one on the bottom and one on the top. My first WS from HBR, the nose was not smooth and bumpy on the left side. My replacement windscreen was not smooth and very jagged on the right side, much higher up than the first windscreen.

I have it modified well enough to actually mount to my bike now, so it will stay this way until I am confident enough to order a Puig or Zero Gravity. Until then, I am going to contact HBR and hope they will make one more attempt at making this right.

My advice - avoid HBR windscreens, based on my experience.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I e-mailed my 'homie' at HBR May 1st asking for some suggestions on how I can make this WS fit better and I never heard back. I forwarded another copy of my e-mail on the 5th and never got a response. :drunk:

I vote no on HBR products & customer service. Kneedraggers get's two thumbs up. I won't bother them about the windscreen, it's not their fault.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts