Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i have about 2000,, i was thinking of going to the dealer when i had 4000 dollars and see what they could do for me.. My credit is really good. and all but im just intimidated right now cause insurance would surely rape me. I went to the dealer before the 07's came out and a guy who worked there said he paid 55 for full coverage ... he said some guy in a wheel chair was insuring him.. can i beleive that??? he was around early 20's../.Ive never financed a vehicle before...my parents mostly helped me out with that but will no help me out with an 07.. what could i expect? any advice would be awesome thanks fellas and congrats on the people who already have them :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey, it's my first post!
I just bought a black 2007 CBR last week- it's my first bike!
So far so good, as for the insurance I was worried about the cost as well. I called around and the best I could find was $450/month through State Farm. Allstate was $2500 and some change and AAA would'nt even write a policy on it. A couple of my friends referred me to State Farm telling me they charge more on the size of the engine than the type of bike, thus a more affordable price. Sounded good to me. BTW- Im 25 with no tickets or accidents and thats for full coverage.

·
Registered
407 Posts
O my god 450 a month that insane. Tell me i am reading that wrong?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yeah its REALLY weird how some people have ulta high insurance and others hardly pay anything, I was 23 with 0 tickets to my name when I baught my RR and they quoted me at like 450 a month for full coverage too!!! I couldnt explain it, but it didnt matter cuz I baught it strait up cash so I have only paid liability on it!

·
Registered
321 Posts
450 wtf......... what did progressive do???????

damn man, you def should get collision, alot of places give you good deals if you do ur car/truck too..... damn thats to much.... Mines about 100 a month but i only do collision 3-4 monts out of the year.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
weekly two hour masaages,,,

payback to the mussus for letting me buy the RR , using a chunck of the house deposit..

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I pay 339 a year with AllState for full 100/300/100 coverage and a $500 dollar deductable. I have been with Allstate since I was 16 except when I was overseas in the Army, and have two auto's and a mortgage with them. IMO, this is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP compared to what some of you guys are paying or at least getting quoted because I highly doubt your buying into a $450 a month policy. At least I wouldn't!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! $450.00 a year is sweet! I pay 437 for 6 months.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks! Only bummer right now is that the weather has turned cold again here in Michigan and I all I want to do is ride!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hm being 17 on my 03 600rr I pay 110 a month full coverage. Thats with no tickets or anything. Can't wait till im 19 and get the 3yr discount......

·
Registered
92 Posts
i am going to be paying 2 payments a year of 200 with state farm. Its just comp and collision with a 1000 det...which is fine with me and i put lojack on the bike. U can never be to careful!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I paid cash for the bike on Friday, pay $339 a year for Allstate Full coverage, and will be getting a Scorpio or similar alarm system. Other than that, let them steal it, i've got great insurance...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I put $4500 down and put the balance on a 0% interest credit card. I pay $400/year for full coverage through Nationwide.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts