Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok tonight I was on my way back from a local bike night. My bike started to run like $hit, My lights were going dim and then bright. Finally it died all together. So I pulled the seat off and sure as $hit my + lead on the battery was a turn away from losing the bolt. I was close to my firehouse so I called there for one of the guys to come jump me since it was to low to crank over and with a jacked up leg I couldn't bump it. So he finally shows up not in his car like I had hoped. The moron brought a f-ing fire engine to jump me. I was worried about the amount of amp I was going to put into my bike. But we jumped it and it seemed to work fine. I got on the bike and started to ride back to the firehouse. I looked down and my millage shows that i had 84,756 miles on the bike. WTF. I have only 12,000 and change on the bike. Everything else seems to be working. I haven't looked at the trips yet since I just thought about that. Did I fry my ECM or the gauge itself? Can this be corrected or did I just screw the pooch?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thats one serious road trip my friend. 72k. Where did you go?

Honestly. I have no idea if you will have problems. All I do know is that your not suppose to even jump it from a car.

·
Registered
585 Posts
you jumped your motorcycle with a FIRE ENGINE.

i don't care what happened to your mileage, but i'm pretty sure that automatically qualifies you as a certified BAMF.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Chances are you fried something internal. Not sure the exact system of the truck but most are 24volt systems with 12volt batteries connected in series. All depends on how you connected it before jumping.

K

·
0 Posts
hopefully he didn't put 24v into the bike...

because then you really fuked the shi t out of your electrical system. no telling what kind of damage that caused. your ECU might be compromised.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
That is cool, should have took a picture, lol.

You can buy a gage cluster with less miles on it or just subtract 72,756 when you want to know were it is at.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I believe I would have just had him push start me. my guess is your fried it, unless somehow the mileage got switched over to Kilometers, but I dont think the math is even close

K

·
0 Posts
I believe I would have just had him push start me. my guess is your fried it, unless somehow the mileage got switched over to Kilometers, but I dont think the math is even close
Converts to 52,664.9 MI

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Wow. How did that dialogue go?

"Hey, I need a jump."

"Okay, be right there."

*wheeeeeew*

"Wtf? You brought the truck?"

"Uh, yeah. This is a rescue right?"

"No, moron. I just need a battery jump."

"Hey man, don't worry about it. This things got 24V of battery. You won't need to even crank it. (Connects terminals) You might want to stand back though."

"You sure this is safe?"

"Oh yeah, don't worry... Didn't I say stand back? ... Alright. Crank it and run away real quick."

*crizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnk*

"That didn't sound good."

"Nah, man. Totally normal."

"Dude, I have 84 friggin' thousand miles on my odometer."

"Dang dude, how far away was that bike night? I thought you said it was local!"

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well after reading all that I almost pissed my pants. To funny... But the truck is a 12 volt system. Went out today for a while everything is working fine but the gauge is no long recording millage. its just sitting there at 84756. I guess it time for a used gauge cluster. Looks like I wont be selling this bike at all.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts