Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here's my story. I dropped my bike off at the dealership on monday to get an estimate for the insurance company after the dumb slut pulled out in front of me on the cell. The guy tells me that "there is no reason why it shouldn't be done by thursday". Well I call them today to see and guess what?? They haven't even looked at it. I tell them I need it soon for my gap trip and they still drag ass. So the guy tells me that it is scheduled for tomarrow. I ask him what time tomarrow and he says that there isn't a set time just that they will "try" to get to it. I have had estimates done before at other dealerships in the past and this is like a 20-30 min process. My bike is hardly damaged. What is going on with these dealerships? No one cares anymore. It is so frustrating because I know that dealing with the insurance company is going to be a hassel in its self. Customer service is obviously not an issue for them at all. They pack all these bikes and four wheelers in there shops and can't even get them done in the time they tell the customers. I have absolutly fed up with these people. Has anyone else had these problems with their dealership?? Its time to vent!!!

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
i have two within 10 min, one can even be bothered talking to you when you ask wot the best cash price on the rr in the window... the other well they are a dealer and have to make some money somewhere....nice enough guys...they all vary

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyone I know that rides in Jacksonville, fl agrees that they all suck. None of us go there unless something like this comes up. It is really sad.

·
2006 BOTY WINNER
814 Posts
Well I work at a dealer, we got a Repsol that fell over in this guys garage last Thursday, he brought it in on Friday, did the estimate same day, ordered his parts same day, got parts yesterday, techs were all tied up in other things, so I changed the parts for him. Then because we didn't have a tech do the work we only charged him for the parts, saved him 4 hours of labor. He picking it up tomorrow. Turn around time 1 week. So yes some dealers will work with you. If you ever move to Alaska, I'll hook you up. :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree, you need to come down here. Weather is much nicer! :) I know there are some good dealerships out there. Like the one I bought my bikes from, Rick Case Honda in Ft. Lauderdale. They cut me great deals on parts and things. But in Jax, there is no such thing.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
The place where I bought my bike is awesome but the real close dealer by me, the inspection guy will not pass ANY turn signals that did not come stock on the bike.

Jason

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
My dealership is great. They give me a great deal on parts, I know all the fellas that work there, and they seem to keep thier word when it comes to repair time (the only thing I have had done is a tire change).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here's how bad my dealership sucks. They are trying to charge me $6300 BEFORE tax, title, blah blah blah...for an '01 R6 with 14,000 mi. WTF IS THAT!?!?

·
2006 BOTY WINNER
814 Posts
Visitor Q said:
The place where I bought my bike is awesome but the real close dealer by me, the inspection guy will not pass ANY turn signals that did not come stock on the bike.

Jason

Inspection? What is this inspection? Someone has to look at your bike? We don't have that here.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I know you frustration. We have a famously bad Honda/Kaw/Suz dealer here.
In fact there was a web site devoted solely to documenting their thievery, lying and over priced poor service. Every time I go there I’m blown away buy some unbelievable BS.

If at all possible, Independent shops are the way to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts