Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about 270 lbs. I have a 05 600rr (silver) feels ok when I ride alone,but when I add a 120lb. passenger it really squats, and will bottom out when I hit a bump, I have already adjusted the rear shock.I was thinking of trading in for a 1000rr next year, Do you guys think that would be better? will it handle more weight than the 600?
any info will help
thanks,

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
you can go up a bike forf sure , you could also put a stronger rear spring in, do a seach on rear springs there was a thread bout upgrading a while ago...

·
Registered
323 Posts
im running into the same prob im 275 and anything over 110 in the back it will bottom out. thinking bout doin the same but i was also thinking y do that get a rear shock and the hrc kit and the 600 will b just as good mabe better. right???

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I would deff get a different shock, riding like that is 1. very bad for the bike, 2. You pretty much have no suspention.

·
Registered
119 Posts
you should be fine on the 600 if you get the suspension setup correctly. but look back in the owners manual there is a weight limit on the total load that should be carried. i think it's either 350 or 400. if it's 350 then you're putting more weight on the bike than it can handle obviously (with the passenger)

·
Registered
553 Posts
blackvomit said:
I beleive max load is 386 lbs, its actually on the sticker on the swing arm.
Stickers?......On the swingarm?......Hmmmmmmmmm....
I "liked" the sticker that said don't remove this sticker.......

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tell me more

please tell me more about the rear shock and what I can do to make the 600 better for my weight, other than lose weight!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts