Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 08 graffiti with 900 miles the throttle has free slack, like moves like a least quarter inch before motor revs. Is there a way were i can just touch it and rpms go up? thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
adjust your throttle cable, it's not that hard. I bet if you search the forum abit, someone's gotta have a how to on it..

S

·
0 Posts
Same question came up a few weeks ago, this is what I posted in answer to your question.

There is s long hex nut witha lock nut connected to our throttle handle. Loosen the lock nut and turn the long hex nut towards u, keep turning till there is no play left. Be careful of binding, make sure the throttle snaps back fully on its own in all three wheel positions. The lock nut is 10mm and the long hex nut is 8mm. Should be the top line out of the two coming off the throttle handlee. O yea, slide the rubber boot down on the end of the long hex nut.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Same question came up a few weeks ago, this is what I posted in answer to your question.

There is s long hex nut witha lock nut connected to our throttle handle. Loosen the lock nut and turn the long hex nut towards u, keep turning till there is no play left. Be careful of binding, make sure the throttle snaps back fully on its own in all three wheel positions. The lock nut is 10mm and the long hex nut is 8mm. Should be the top line out of the two coming off the throttle handlee. O yea, slide the rubber boot down on the end of the long hex nut.
you should leave a hair of play in the throttle, so that at no time when you turn the bars can it accidently apply throttle

but yes, this is correct.

·
Registered
106 Posts
you should leave a hair of play in the throttle, so that at no time when you turn the bars can it accidently apply throttle

but yes, this is correct.
Good call. This is from my 07 owner manual - "Inspection Check freeplay at the throttle grip flange. Freeplay: 1/16-3/16 in (2-4 mm) If necessary, adjust to the specified range."

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Once you have adjusted it move the bars through their full range of motion and make sure she stays at idle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts