Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only been a member of the forums for less than a day, lol, but I see so much about track days, and I REALLY want to go to one.

I just have no clue how to find out about them? Like where, how much they cost, what I need to bring, etc.

Any help or even just a link that'll take me to somewhere to answer saidquestions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I found the forum, my fault. If you wouldn't mind, though, how much do they usually cost?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've done 3 track days, I'm still new to it. They've ran anywhere from $100-$150 depending on the track. Look out for deals though! That's what I've been doing :) And since it'll be your first official track day, you'll more than likely get a newbie deal for sure! GL!!!! And have fun

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
For your 1st time you could spend up to $1000 due to gear, tires, gas, actual trackday cost, hotel... it can get expensive. But once you have acquired the proper gear and equipment it can be very cheap like $300. (gas, track, and tires if needed)

Reactions: repsol600

·
Registered
205 Posts
the first stages are definetly expensive. after the gear and some bike set up its not too bad. since your just starting you wont be real hard on tires so a new set will last you a while.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I agree with everyone else in saying the fiyrst will be expensive just bcecause the crap you have to squire but once you have it you have it. And I've seen prices from 85 to 250 a day but that varies track to track and what time of year. Just don't skimp on stuff to get there quick its not worth it. Do it rightfully the first time and you'll be all set.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
im doing my first saturday, costing me around 200, due to hotel gas, and food,

hmmm well thats because you have all the proper gear... am I correct:retard: So that cost only reflects a rider whom is already equipped. Bro have fun!

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
hmmm well thats because you have all the proper gear... am I correct:retard: So that cost only reflects a rider whom is already equipped. Bro have fun!

you is correct,

when I got my bike I made sure to buy a 1pc, best boots, and gloves back protector and helmet, why would you ride on the street in any less,

the track doesnt have buses, SUVs, soccer moms, improperly maintained vehicles, that are losing parts all over the road,

1pc, decent boots, kevlar gloves, and a DOT helmet,

also getting a super deal on the trackday, it would be 150 for the whole weekend,

OP hit up tracktactics.org not sure of your area but they are in CA

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
also getting a super deal on the trackday, it would be 150 for the whole weekend,

OP hit up tracktactics.org not sure of your area but they are in CA

:cursin: How in the hell did you manage a deal like that? Who did you have to sleep with because I want next!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Biggest start up cost is the suit and boots. I got my suit on craigslist for 300. Dainese too. What I did to get my size was just go to a local shop and try suits on. Just grab any size that looks right and give it a try on. Brand new you should struggle to get the bastard off of your shoulders. I got stuck in the fitting room for like 15 min when I found the size I needed. I got close to walking out and asking the ladies for help. lol.

Good luck though. It's expensive at first, but sooooo worth it. I haven't had that much fun ever on my bikes.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
:cursin: How in the hell did you manage a deal like that? Who did you have to sleep with because I want next!

It's at one of the tracks out here in Cali. I forget which one. But for this weekend (Laguna) they are doing 150 for saturday and sunday. I think that was what it was atleast.... Too bad my folks are gonna be here this weekend or I'd be going.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The best thing to to is to join your local motorcycle forums. A lot of the local trackay providers activelly participate in the local forums. There you can also find ride and room share, promotional TD info, gear rental and tech spec info. etc. Best of all, you will meet local people at the forums and build a relationship with those guys.

You can also visit NESBA, WERA, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wera is for racers.

Op, depending on your location, we can provide the track orgs links to get you there. Nesba does north east down to a few south east tracks. Sportbiketracktime also does that area.

·
Registered
456 Posts
track days are a lot of fun. the first track day I did cost a lot tho, bought used gear $400 (suite, boots, gloves), new tires $240( Dunlop Q2s), new brake pads $70, and the actual track day $185

but once you have everything the days aren't to bad. depending on your area I would recommend NESBA, http://www.nesba.com/, or Team Pro Motion, http://www.teampromotion.com/. I've ridden with both, and they both put on a good track day

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
track days are a lot of fun. the first track day I did cost a lot tho, bought used gear $400 (suite, boots, gloves), new tires $240( Dunlop Q2s), new brake pads $70, and the actual track day $185

but once you have everything the days aren't to bad. depending on your area I would recommend NESBA, http://www.nesba.com/, or Team Pro Motion, http://www.teampromotion.com/. I've ridden with both, and they both put on a good track day[/quote%

1 - 19 of 19 Posts