Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I get a bunch of crap from friends who ride and my wife about how much time I spend cleaning my bike. I can say I hate having bugs smashed all over the front and will wipe it down every time I pull into the garage. Same with my helmet,I keep a little bottle of spray and a rag to clean my shield off if I'm stopped for awhile. Are any of you this OCD about it?

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
^hahaha ill clean mine once a week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I clean mine twice a year. Well exterior wise at least. Here in Oregon, nothing stays clean long if you ride all year. My pipes are brown, and I get bugs on everything going to the store. I could care less about it being pretty. As long as the brake pistons, rotors, suspension tubes, oil, chain, and all mechanical parts are clean, then it's as beautiful as it can be for my tastes ;-). I just want to ride it on and off track

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Trunk monkey, wanna be friends??? I also am a monkay.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
Well I get a bunch of crap from friends who ride and my wife about how much time I spend cleaning my bike. I can say I hate having bugs smashed all over the front and will wipe it down every time I pull into the garage. Same with my helmet,I keep a little bottle of spray and a rag to clean my shield off if I'm stopped for awhile. Are any of you this OCD about it?
Yep like Neptune said, I am OCD on my bike. I clean it everytime I ride it weather it's 7 miles or 50 miles. I have this fear that if I let brake dust sit on my rims they will pit like I've seen car rims do.
I always just quick detail it with spray and about 5 micro fiber rags. Always get bugs off because I want the bike clean. I only actually wash maybe once a month if that because I quick detail it so much. I sometimes spray wax also. I am OCD anyone that knows me can say that. If it looks like it may rain, I usually don't ride a long ways. Bike has only seen rain 3 times since I have owned it since 2008, kinda sad I know but it's how I am.

Sent via iPhone 4s

·
Registered
118 Posts
If I lived in an area that didn't rain 9 months of the year I might feel the same way. Pointless here though if u really want to ride. Rain sure teaches a lot about traction. Forgot to mention that I do wipe it down once a month in the three dry months we have with a spray and micro towel. Doesn't stay clean long. I wipe the rims every time I clean the chain just cause I'm there anyway.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I can spend hours washing and waxing and doing plastic protection. I keep it clean. I've worked hard to get it so why not show it. I've always been the type to respect my belongings. I've had it for close to 3 years and I still treat it the same since the day I purchased it.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
talk to V Tec or CBR.... they have the cleanest set of CBR;s i have ever seen!!
haha thx Vince :p i was def more into detailing when i had no kids lol. The SUV has def taken a back seat to the cleaning i'm use to, bike will always be kept clean though. Not riding in the rain def helps me out there :) OP ill def take along a micro rag on long trips to clean the visor more than anything else, if i come back from a reg ride and notice some bug guts on the bike yeah ill grab my quick detailer and rag and remove (who wants to see bug guts, plus flies tend to be attracted to it lol)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i don't get to worked up about the cleanliness. i usually wipe it down 1-2 times a week depending on how many miles i've put on. i'll wash usually once a month. people will come up to me and say wow, that thing is clean... and the whole time i'm saying "thanks, i try" i'm actually thinking...wow dude, its actually kinda dirty right now.... :crackup:

speaking of which, i gotta get a chance to wash her and spray wax (meguiers(i know that's spelled wrong :bootyshak), FTW) before this comming Friday/Saturday trip

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I will admit, I keep mine extremely clean. It's constantly getting waxed and polished, chain oiled, and rims cleaned all the time. I really enjoy the bike and it has treated me well, so I don't have a problem making it look brand new and keeping it nice looking. I did also get fresh paint paint this year too. I use the spray wax that smells like blue raspberry suckers. I absolutely love my bike and hate seeing it get dusty and covered in dirt and grease. It's one of the sexiest motorcycles I've seen.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ive cleaned mine once since ive owned it lol...

i do wipe the bugs off the front every once in a while since i live in the country

visor - i keep a rag and spray in the trunk and clean it everytime i ride

1 - 20 of 32 Posts