Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently I did a little modification to my Y-Pipe at some point. I thought she was down on power, I figured it was the elevation change going from NJ to Denver. Oh well, new one is on the way from Ebay.

Attachments

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
Driving over any speed bumps lately may be even at slow speeds

D

·
0 Posts
Ever use a car jack to lift your bike up, or go over speed bumps a little too fast?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
i would have thought you would feel something to do that kind of damage.....

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
You said you were wondering about the elevation change between NJ and Denver. Did you have the bike shipped?

If so, the damage could have possibly happened then. But damage like that i would expect there to be damage to the lower fairings as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
did u buy the bike new or used...previous owner maybe??....damage like that..u would have definitely felt if it was a bump

·
Registered
572 Posts
When i bought one of my 03's the previous owner had it lowered. It got hung up at the top of my ramp when I loaded it into my truck, put a decent ding in the exhaust.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You said you were wondering about the elevation change between NJ and Denver. Did you have the bike shipped?

If so, the damage could have possibly happened then. But damage like that i would expect there to be damage to the lower fairings as well.

I moved it myself and I think that is when it happened. There is 0 damage to the lowers but I remember doing something with the ramp into the trailer when I was moving it.

It is not lowered and I only use bike stands to lift it. I did hit a possum with it, but not recently. There was some previous damage, but I am positive it was not this bad. The second cylinder from the right is almost completely blocked off.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Friend of mine parked his bike on the sidewalk like a jackass. I pulled in between cars. On the way out, he tried to jump the curb, front wheel hit ground, headers buried themselves into the curb, same result as what you have there. **** sucks, at least you have a new set on the way.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Friend of mine parked his bike on the sidewalk like a jackass. I pulled in between cars. On the way out, he tried to jump the curb, front wheel hit ground, headers buried themselves into the curb, same result as what you have there. **** sucks, at least you have a new set on the way.
you friend needs to get better at jumping, practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah the dufus didn't blip the throttle or anything, just thought he had enough clearance doh!

·
Registered
60 Posts
"I did hit a possum with it, but not recently....." - winsa12

Please tell this story lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"I did hit a possum with it, but not recently....." - winsa12

Please tell this story lol
First ride on the bike, I had bought it roughed up so after I got all the new plastic on it I took it around a 2 mile loop to test ride it. It was dark and the little bastard came over the sidewalk on the opposite side of the road (normal 2 lane road through a neighborhood). I was in the left to middle side of my lane and a car was coming at me in the other lane. The car crested a little hill and lit up the possum running across the street, I knew right away I was not going to be able to miss it unless he adjusted course. He did not. I veered as far to the right as possible but eventually had to give up hope and brace for impact. I straightened the bike up and centered myself and took it head on. Couple big thumps and I was clear. I went back to look for it in my car but it must have made it to the woods because I did not see him.

If I had been more familiar with the bike or if it had been light out I may have been able to miss him, but with a bike you have to just bite the bullet and prepare for impact instead of going down trying to avoid it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
eeeeewwww,not goood,prob a speed bump mayne

1 - 18 of 18 Posts