Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at trying to get to the tools that are on the right inside portion of the fairings of my 06 honda cbr....

to get to the tools do i need to take off the full side fairing?

<--newb

·
Registered
906 Posts
No, just undo the big screw on the side and bend the fairing outwards. Pop a key into the kit box (doesn't necessarily have to be the bike key, well at least not on my '03) and turn hard. The key might have some serious resistance, but it will open!

·
Registered
393 Posts
you can get to your toolbox with a coin.

First a quarter turn counter-clockwise on the big fairing screw will loosen it.

Second, push that coin into the top black plastic screw in the middle. That will loosen that one so you can pull it out.

Now you should be able to pull back your fairing a bit and see the secret storage box. Use that coin to turn the "lock" to the left and it will open up the box. Grab your tools inside.

The plastic black screw might be the trickiest but you'll get the hang of it. To put the screw back in, you need to push OUTwards on the little legs to pop the middle piece back up. Then you can slot it back into the hole and push the middle part down.

You can actually fit the toolkit into the tail as well. I leave mine there instead and just put a bunch of spare earplugs in the secret box.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine came with a toolkit. I'm in Canada though if that makes any difference. :p

·
Registered
470 Posts
My '06...no tools. It was a $50 upgrade to have these. I carry a small set of tools, moto swiss knife thing from Honda Riders Club. It fits perfect in the black plastic case. My real emergency tool kit consists of a cell phone, pick up and ramp. Oh and the Driver, my wife.

K

·
0 Posts
No tools standard with the 2006.

if you got them, you either ordered them, or demanded them. i did the latter.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Again, I got shafted on the "tool kit" for the '06. I went out and bought a digital tire pressure gauge and a compact set of allen wrenches. I figure if anything else happens while I'm riding, I'm pretty much screwed anyway. At least I can tighten down some of the things that rattle! Think I might throw in some zip ties too, just in case I lose a screw or two. Some people would probably say that I already have though!!!

:tard:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Sorry for all those w/out a tool box, mine came with one............lol

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wow, some of you guys lucked out. I guess it wasn't a consistent thing either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts