Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be out of my mind.. how do I get to the toolkit?
I see it behind the fairing.... is there supposed to be a key hole or something?

·
Registered
201 Posts
hehe... yeah.. it seems a bit funny to me... i could be wrong on this, but i think you have to unscrew the big silver bolt bolt of the fairing first and then maybe bend the fairing out a little away from the frame. then you should see a key hole on the toolkit top. never actaully tried it with the fairing on... no point for me, cause theres nothing in mine...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's an '06... guess ill loosen the fairing and look again. Didn't realize disassembly would be required to hang my helmet from the tail.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
It's an '06... guess ill loosen the fairing and look again. Didn't realize disassembly would be required to hang my helmet from the tail.
It's not really disassembly. You just have to remove the black plastic clip and undo the quick fastener with a quarter or something. Then, once you have the helmet strap out, just leave it under the seat.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
It's not really disassembly. You just have to remove the black plastic clip and undo the quick fastener with a quarter or something. Then, once you have the helmet strap out, just leave it under the seat.
lol, why would you put it back in the tool box when under the seat or your jacket pocket works too. its not like its a huge lease

·
Registered
220 Posts
i can hang my helmet from my 06 no prob. Its just a normal hjc helmet. on the left side of the bike the clip the seat goes into has a bulge towards the top. I just have to turn the metal hook on the helmet 45 degrees to it and it slides over and the helmet hangs just enough out of the way for me to pop the rear seat back on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts