Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...and girls....

How do I mount a second helmet on the back of my bike? Not on the seat strapped down...but hanging off the side of the rear cowl. I've seen a few people riding like that but I've never had the opportunity to ask. Thanks in advance for your input!

Pics would be extremely helpful also!

r

·
Registered
228 Posts
not sure why you would be riding with two helmets hooked on the back unless you have two passengers your picking up or you just feel your head is made of titanium? You could get a helmet lock to lock it to something for when you go in places though.

·
Fabulous Disaster
327 Posts
not sure why you would be riding with two helmets hooked on the back unless you have two passengers your picking up or you just feel your head is made of titanium? You could get a helmet lock to lock it to something for when you go in places though.
I think he means second as in, other than the one he's wearing. I could be wrong but I've never seen anyone riding around with 2 helmets strapped to the pass seat.

·
Fabulous Disaster
327 Posts
hey thanks guys...what i'm trying to do is pick up a passenger who doesn't have her own helmet.

r
No prob, that's what we're here for. In my experience, it can be a pain in the butt to get the d rings hooked on that metal hook. I don't like the helmet hanging on the side when I'm riding too. I just got one of those bungee netting helmet holders and strap it right to the top of the pass. seat if need be.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't even bother with using the helmet holder that comes under the back seat. The helmet has too much free play and moves around a lot when it's connected using the holder. Just place the metal ring of the helmet strap directly on the thing under the seat. It holds it securely, and doesn't move around at all.

·
Registered
923 Posts
yes i do that i can post some pics how i doit later if you want i ride few times with passenger leave it at home and strap the helmet under the pass seat and i dont feel any move at all.

rodrigo

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Don't even bother with using the helmet holder that comes under the back seat. The helmet has too much free play and moves around a lot when it's connected using the holder. Just place the metal ring of the helmet strap directly on the thing under the seat. It holds it securely, and doesn't move around at all.
i'd like to see pics... also i have the cable strap and it does leave alot of slack but i strap the helmet(as if it was on your head) and it takes alot of it out... i've ridden short distances like this and not notice it swaying or shifting.. up to about 65mph

·
Registered
42 Posts
i use a cargo net, its a mesh with bungycords ill go put in on and take a pic in a few minutes. you can get them at any dealership. mine was 7 bucks

·
Registered
709 Posts
Not if you know how to use it right

·
Registered
42 Posts
pics

Cargo Net

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
everyone i know that hangs an extra helmet to the side of tail have marks and abrasions all over the tail from the helmet moving (no matter how tight you get it), the cargo net is the best option and when your not using the net stuff it under the pass seat so if you ever need to carry anything else it'll be there!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i do have a net i used for my old 250R but there the problem enlies, 1. no room under seat from PC, puck, and MOM. 2. i don't see much to hook onto under this tail furthermore the prolonged use of the net would eventually do as much rubbing as the helmet on the side!

·
Registered
18 Posts
i'd like to see pics... also i have the cable strap and it does leave alot of slack but i strap the helmet(as if it was on your head) and it takes alot of it out... i've ridden short distances like this and not notice it swaying or shifting.. up to about 65mph

Here you go. I think this looks better too.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
whats wrong with putting the helmet strap through the passenger seat strap and then tighten it up? Works the same as the cargo net but without the cargo net.
i would think the helmet would slide side to side along seat strape but how about take the pass seat off put helmet strap around pass seat, tighten it, then lock the seat back on?..... just a thought.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
in the 2008 honda RR owners manual page 61. this is about the holder.. not sure if it apply if u just use the D rings on the helmet.

"WARNING"
"Riding with a helmet attached to the holder can interfere with the rear wheel or suspension and could cause a crash in which you can be seriously hurt or killed.
Use the helmet holder only while parked. Do not ride with a helmet secured by the holder"

1 - 20 of 30 Posts