Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
it would be easier to remove the rear cowl, I'm putting in a new integrated taillight now and my own FE that I made funny it looks just like yours and cost me nothing but 30 mins and some alum.

but anyways to remove the rear cowl first take off your seats both of them, then start removing the allen head screws under your seats then remove the side allen head screws, also theres 2 screws phillips heads thats under the cowl above the exhaust thats kind of hard to get too I had to use a ratchet with a few extensions and a screwdriver tip to reach them those hold the taillight if you need more help let me know I will finish mine tomorrow and could post pics of what I am taking about

·
Registered
666 Posts
If you are going to pay that much for the FE then just pay some one to put it on too! Made my own very cheap...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have the same one, I can't remember if I took the tail off to do it, but I am sure it would be easier that way. It is only like 6 screws and a couple clips.

·
Registered
736 Posts
take the tail off it takes less than five minutes. here's how:

1)remove seat or cowl
2)remove four hex head screws under where your seat would rest
3)under the painted cowl you will see where the side panels(unfinished plastic) meet there will be two plastics clips one on each side remove these.
4)now for the part that messes everyone up. pull your tail out wards from the sides and slide it back.(do not worry you wont break it just spread it from the bottom and come back slowly)
5)you should see the wiring connectors for the signals and tail light. disconnect these.
6) do what you need to to get that expensive f/e on.

good luck and don't forget that you will all was be more proud of something you did than something the local shop did.

lilguns

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know what size screws the RandR eliminator uses? I bought mine off ebay and it didn't come with any screws for some reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts