Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im tryin to figure out how to remove the front turn signals in order to install some flush signals that i got on an 06 cbr600rr...anyone know anything?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kay, i pulled the right sidemarker off and its dangling...lol...how do i remove the fairing now?

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
the quickest way, is to remove the ram-air covers and remove all the mid fairing bolts. then remove the 2 12mm bolts that hold the front fairing stay to the frame. the whole upper assembly will come right off, and expose all the wires your going to need to get to.

it's the quickest and easiest way i've found to do this.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Mister Dirt said:
come on, if u dont know wtf to do, take it to a shop.
i disagree with ya on that Dirtay. its the only way to learn!
i say do it yourself. taking apart the the plastics aint technical. can be
tricky to the not-so-mechanically inclined. but soon enough they will learn.
its a good way to get to know the in's and out's of your own bike!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ceph...for the 2 12 mm bolts...where are those located???

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
SLAPS808 said:
It can be a total PITA doing it by yourself. Especially putting the upper back on. Once the fairings come off of our bikes they never realign properly and you always end up with extra screws/those stupid little plastic clips. I had ChrisNH from the board here come over and help me out. So in other words he knew what he was doing and if I tried it on my own I couldn't have done it. If Chris wasn't close and didn't know what he was doing I would have taken it to the shop.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the info tomi...i called honda today, and they said it would cost me 40 bucks, but i gotta wait a week. oh yeah, and they said that if the plugs on the bike don't match the ones on the lights, they'll charge more, but who cares??? just as long as they do a good job and i dont eff up my bike...i'll be fine!!! where are you guys located?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
chrism67177 said:
thanks for the info tomi...i called honda today, and they said it would cost me 40 bucks, but i gotta wait a week. oh yeah, and they said that if the plugs on the bike don't match the ones on the lights, they'll charge more, but who cares??? just as long as they do a good job and i dont eff up my bike...i'll be fine!!! where are you guys located?

Come on dude,give it a try yourself.

The owners manual will tell you how to take the fairings off.

:director: You can do it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Which signals are you installing? When I installed my LP Aeros I just removed the mids and lowers. After that I was able to flex the upper just enough to get in there and remove the nut on the back side of the stock signal. With my LPs they plugged right into the factory wiring and they double sided taped in place of the stockers. Does that help any?

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Man it's soo EZ. Quit wussing out and start removing bolts. Keep them in trays by section and you won't lose any. To do a clean job I removed the front fairing, if you cut the connectors off the stock lights you can attach with no problems.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Remove the ram air covers and you can get to the plugs easy.... if you dont have a plug and have to sauter, you dont even have to pull of the front. i did mine without taking it off....

But, i've taken my front fairing off about 4 or 5 times and can do it with my eyes closed. Do the work yourself, get to know your bike... Hell, take your bike apart even if you dont need to work on your signals, you'll thank yourself later.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
SLAPS808 said:
bro, u gotta she what people bring me in the shop.. do it yourself oil changes gone wrong.. how? how do people manage to misplace stuff, or forget they left their wrench in the air duct i dont no. im saying, if u dont no and u aint got the book, bring her in.. ask to watch and learn, hell get a friend over who knows wtfs up but damn.. its that bad bro...

·
Registered
83 Posts
just dont do what i did when i installed my greggs customs i took the whole front end off i thought i was never going 2 b able to put it back together live and learn do it urself just take off upper and lower fairings and ramair tube theyll slip right out id show u but i dont know how 2 work the fukin camera

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
halo junkie said:
just dont do what i did when i installed my greggs customs i took the whole front end off i thought i was never going 2 b able to put it back together live and learn do it urself just take off upper and lower fairings and ramair tube theyll slip right out id show u but i dont know how 2 work the fukin camera
yeah, thanks everyone for your help. i would do it myself, but im a ***** ass muther f****r to even do it, so i'm just gonna take it to a shop...they said they'll charge me 40 bucks, so that's cool! wish me luCK!!!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
chrism67177 said:
thanks ceph...for the 2 12 mm bolts...where are those located???
The bolts are behind the upper. I agree with everyone else take it apart. It's not that hard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts