Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm borrowing a trailer to get my bike to my first track day.... It just a regular trailer with mesh floor and angle iron railing... I would like to set up a quick and easy track system of some sort... Anyone done this before? or have any suggestions? I was think about just taking some 2 by 4's and attaching them with some bolts to the flooring/rail? Think that will do the trick?

Any help would be great... Pictures if you done it before would be even better!

Thanks,
steve

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I guess you are using the 2x4's to have a tie down point for the bike? If thats what you were talking about it might be easier to go to UHAUL and rent a motorcycle specific trailer. I did it one time and it was around $20.00 per day, and they had the trailer in stock.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really a tie down point... When my bike was hauled home from the dealer there was a track that the tires sat in on the bottom on the trailer...as well as the front upright rail...

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,766 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you end up getting it...let me know how you like it....i'm really thinking about getting me one...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
600rr84 said:
like this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4554866610&category=34284

I should just buy this for my next trip... think that would do the trick?
I just need to make the trailer that I'm borrowing work for right now
Ive got a very similar setup to this...but made it myself. Used the same basic harbor freight trailer, welded in a few extra supports, a couple tiedown points, then used an extruded aluminum channel for the ramp. For the price of that one, i would snag it and make it work.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
600rr84 said:
I'm borrowing a trailer to get my bike to my first track day.... It just a regular trailer with mesh floor and angle iron railing... I would like to set up a quick and easy track system of some sort... Anyone done this before? or have any suggestions? I was think about just taking some 2 by 4's and attaching them with some bolts to the flooring/rail? Think that will do the trick?

Any help would be great... Pictures if you done it before would be even better!

Thanks,
steve
You don't even need the track system if you don't want. I use to have a wood floored utility trailer and all you need are 4 ratchet/pull straps and you're good to go. Although, if the front of the trailer is open you may want to put a board across there to keep from messing up your front tire...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I'm with mule. If thats like the one I think it is just pull the front tire up against the front of the trailer, then tie it down with 2 ratchet tie-downs up front, pulling bike forward, then 2 more at back to keep the rear from bouncing (these 2 rear ones dont have to be ratchet type though). tie-down to the side rails.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts