Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i love the 600rr and i want to get one but i have no street bikr expirence i know i would have to start small like a 250 or something but what and for how long any input would be helpfull

·
Registered
980 Posts
dude just go buy one brand new the 06 model and fcuking CRACK OPEN THE THROTLE lol jk good luck!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
welcome aboard bro, you are going to have most people steering the smaller bike route but if you have a good head on your shoulders and ride responsibly then the 600rr would be fine in my opinion. My first streetbike was and is the 2005 600rr.

C

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the site. Buy Keith Code's twrist of the wrist two. And all the proper gear of course. An enduro bike would be a great start. Ride it for at least 6 months. Then switch to a sv650 for 6 months and then a 600rr.. Have fun. Ride safe!

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
As said above if you got a good head on your shoulders you will be fine. My first bike was my 05 RR and almost 11,000 miles later she still hasn't touched the ground. don't ride above your skill level and you will be ok. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
my first sport bike was my YZF600R. I'd ridden my bro's 00 ninja couple years before and have been on two wheels my whole life. All you have to remember is the bike is only going to go as fast as you make it go. Know your limits before you test your bikes limits.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bah 600RR is my second bike. But I can honestly say, yea 600's are fast. But I had a 450 before, I could kill myself just as easily on that one. If you want a new 600RR I would be more concerned about if you can handle the site of your beauty on her side leaking anti-freeze.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You've got it ride first time, 250, wont be for long anyway,
you'll know it when you're more capable than the bike
and then jump to anybike you like and explore, like the 600's (CBR F4 is good for newbies.)
then, get an RR, cause by then you're hooked to trackdays :)

goodluck
where're you located at anyway?
oh, ride with full gear and be safe

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
MIGSRR said:
Bah 600RR is my second bike. But I can honestly say, yea 600's are fast. But I had a 450 before, I could kill myself just as easily on that one. If you want a new 600RR I would be more concerned about if you can handle the site of your beauty on her side leaking anti-freeze.
+1 on the sight of your beauty on her side.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Forget buying any bike just yet. Go get your permit first. Sign up for the MSF course in your area. http://www.msf-usa.org/ If you have a buddy who has a bike and it willing to show you the ropes then do that to get started. After you complete the course, then go buy a bike. You'll get to ride 125's and / or 250's at the MSF course so you'll know if you want something more.

I personally got my permit, rode my buddy's 04 GSX-R 600 for a bit, bought my 05 600RR, completed the MSF course. There is another thread that was up here recently about starting off with a 600. Some are for it, some are against it. It all depends on the type of rider you are.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
start on anything you are comforable, its the over confident stage that gets people.. it is just as easy to die on a 250 as a thou. but a small bike presents less of those possible fatal situations.. good luck and ride smart.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
go on craigslist and rent a basher kawi 250 for like couple days. that was a good transition for me. but then again, my bike is in pieces as of now after 3000 miles. ARGHhhhhh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts