Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the clutch lever(#4) on the engine end and i done see any way of taking it out. I'm thinking I just needa pull on it and it'll come out but I need some confirmation before I do.
My spring(#5) broke and I need to replace that. Any ideas on how?

Need to take off #4
So I can replace #5

Schematics from BikeBandit

Attachments

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,812 Posts
you need to remove the clutch cover to remove the lever and replace the spring. this involves re-sealing the case afterwards.

all that spring does is pick up slack at the lever on the handlebar, it serves no other purpose. if you can live with a floppy lever it won't hurt to leave it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need to remove the clutch cover to remove the lever and replace the spring. this involves re-sealing the case afterwards.

all that spring does is pick up slack at the lever on the handlebar, it serves no other purpose. if you can live with a floppy lever it won't hurt to leave it.

Dam it does bother me but not enough to take of the case. Thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
355 Posts
FYI that spring can be replaced in five minutes without removing anything other than the old spring. Just yank the old one out with pliers, and then wind the new spring on down, use a pick or mini screwdriver, and an old cotter pin is helpful to make the final loading wrap. Some grease obviously is helpful.
Hack job I agree, but it is an option.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts