Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to remove the mirror housing from the mounting arm. how do I take them apart I see a hole on the bottom of the mirrors but I dont see anything in the hole like a screw.

thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
435 Posts
i busted the glass out of mine when i layed it over...its connected on the inside with nut and washer.. im ALMOST 100% positive there is no way to without bustin glass.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Thats odd how do they tighten that nut then???

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
small midget fingers??? poss. alien technology?? special tool?

·
Registered
435 Posts
does the mirror twist 360 deg.? i dunno im stumped..im gonna look at my broke one when i get home tho...get to the bottom of this "MIRROR MYSTERY".

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
BrowningBuck said:
small midget fingers??? poss. alien technology?? special tool?
I'm pretty sure its all the above. Why do you think honda is so secretive? Cause it was a honda that crashed at roswell.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yup, busted mine open too and I see no possible way of getting the glass in. What's funny is that I see replacement glass on some vendors' site which sells the blue tinted ones. Not sure how those fit in either.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there has to be a way! magic didnt put them together! if honda put them together then we have to be able to take them apart

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
I can clear all of this up.... I have busted my share of mirrors in the attempt at led mirrors.
When the mirrors are made the glass is the last part to be installed... The glass is glued to a rim of plastic around the outside then when the base of the mirror is done the outside of the mirror is glued(Morphed) to the rest of the housing. The bond make the two plastic pieces one.... From what I have done, you can't seperate the mirror from the housing without breaking it... This includes heating the edge and trying to walk the mirror out and trying to seperate the two plastic pieces... You can get two sides out but the third side will always crack before it let's go.... The only other option is in the works now... Alot of work to make the wire hidden, but it can be done... Should be done early next year..... T

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nessal said:
Yup, busted mine open too and I see no possible way of getting the glass in. What's funny is that I see replacement glass on some vendors' site which sells the blue tinted ones. Not sure how those fit in either.
I ordered a set of these replacement mirrors from Magical Racing. I've been wondering the same thing too. Any help would be great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts