Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a great deal on a bike from a wrecker but I need to know if its going to be a problem for me to transfer the title to California from Oklahoma, its a 2006 1000RR and here are some pictures from the stickers on it, does anybody have experience with California title transfers that can tell me if this bike is good to go in California for a title transfer?

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
i think our cali bikes actually might say califonia somewhere in there. my bike is in Oxnard or i'd check it for ya.

·
Registered
82 Posts
what's the mileage?

i believe in cali, the regulations are only for new vehicles (less than 7500 miles), and urs is not. when it says EPA certified, it's good in 49 states. when it's cali certified it says california certfied or 50 state certified.

if it has over 7500 miles, u're in the clear, so find a way to get it there.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
but in relation to the EPA in ur second sticker, it doesn't say california. that's what they looked for when my friend tried to register an out of state bike. they said, i don't think so mr, and gave him a permit to get the bike out of the state and that was it. then ur screwed bcuz they keep record of the vin and send you a letter telling you that it is unlawful to ride or try to sell that bike in california.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crap, then I need to find a way to put 7500 miles on this thing fast, anybody got a 1000RR with over 7500 in Cali that I can barrow their tac? lol

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
what i tried to do is find someone with a california bike, and just borrowed their battery tray where the sticker was.

is it that killer of a deal tho, to go through all that trouble???

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
DMV said:
If you acquire a new vehicle from another state, you may not subsequently drive it to accumulate over 7,500 miles to circumvent the law.
Do what others suggested. Swap all parts to make it a legit Cali certified bike. I thought about this so many times, but too much trouble. :cwm21:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts