Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dropped my BRAND new 06 RR last night and im furious.....no real damage just a tiny scuff here and there.....im just beating myself up for the way it happened....havent dropped a bike in YEARS....i was coming up on a busy intersection, riding with on hand on the throttle, other on my knee when i hit a pothole at 10mph and the front took a dump on me.....the bike went down and i rolled of feeling like a complete dumbass...actually got up and started dancing in traffic to play it off since there were about 10 hotties right next to me..LOL...anyways just thought i would bitch and complain....thanks.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
My bud did the same thing with his 06. Just repair what you messed up and move on is about the only way to deal with it. Did you have sliders on yet?

·
Registered
532 Posts
One hand on your knee going about 10mph? A steering dampner may have helped but having both hands on the bars would have made a difference. Some one correct me if I am wrong here.

As long as she is not beat up too bad all should be well. Just live & learn, as we have all dropped our bikes at some point in time...

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
At least you dropped it because of a pothole and not a dumb move like dragging knee around a simple lefter, or like me, uhm, walking my bike on the left side while it wanting to fall down on the right side. Where's the supernatural strength that's supposed to overcome you in times of emergency like when that grandma lifted a car to save her grandson? Any ways, just a word of encouragement, stay focused. Usually, and I do it too, when I'm one handed, I'm just cruising along. But that's when our focus is down and our eyes aren't up on the road ahead (and whatever road imperfections are coming up ahead)! Especially, when our eyes may be fixed on some hotties (not that you were)...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Iwell the first time it got drpped was last week. But it wasnt my fault and I was too worried abuot my passenger to get angry

·
Registered
577 Posts
You know, I know this might sound weird but I actually felt alot better once I dumped my bike. It helped me to stop worrying about it so damn much by getting it out of the way.

Once it's on the ground, there's nothing you can do to reverse the moment so no point in getting a upset about it, just learn from it and move on. Getting all upset will not undo the damage but instead I laugh about it, it helps relieve the stress I just might have caused. Weird, I know.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I tipped mine over at the track, while at a standstill! My boot got caught on the rearset and she just fell over. Hehe, I also wish I had a moment of supernatural strength. It happened in front of a bunch of people so it was pretty embarassing.

One good thing came out of it though. I caught some guys attention who had a brand new set of Goodridge superbike brakelines that he gave me. He said he worked for them and didnt need them. I later found out that they're worth $150!

·
Registered
161 Posts
rendizzo said:
You know, I know this might sound weird but I actually felt alot better once I dumped my bike. It helped me to stop worrying about it so damn much by getting it out of the way.

Once it's on the ground, there's nothing you can do to reverse the moment so no point in getting a upset about it, just learn from it and move on. Getting all upset will not undo the damage but instead I laugh about it, it helps relieve the stress I just might have caused. Weird, I know.
I agree, you got it out of the way. Now you don't have to worry so much about it. There are bikes that have been down and bikes that will go down. Be happy it wasn't too bad. They sell replacement parts for everything, but I would leave it alone.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Best thing to do when you bring a new bike home is to kick it in the side. That way you get the first scratch out of the way and you wont be dreading it when it eventually happens.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dropped mine while at a stand still. It was during a group ride, some girl was backing her bike up and I went to get out of the way. Stepped down onto some gravel and my foot lost traction, DOWN GOES THE BIKE. little rock nicks on the engine cover but that's about it. Pissed me off but at the time I played it cool, waited till I was at home before I sat infront of the bike crying (jk).

N

·
0 Posts
kmf600 said:
I agree, you got it out of the way. Now you don't have to worry so much about it. There are bikes that have been down and bikes that will go down. Be happy it wasn't too bad. They sell replacement parts for everything, but I would leave it alone.
+1

Drop it some more. No biggie. Move along cuz you gotta better things to worry about then some scratches on your bike.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
first time i though i was gonna cry. (my fault, just dropped it)

second time i just got pissed. (not my fault, cage cut me off)

third time was bad so i was just happy it still ran fine. (my fault, low sided on gravel, still havent replaced the fairings. but if i hear "shoulda had frame sliders" one more time...)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
snit happens. ive dropped mine twice, once doin a kickstand uie and a bad u turn into a buddy who dropped his first. i say, blame your manhood and the hotties. for the scratches, i got a touch up paint pen, which helps. long as your alright, thats all that matters.

https://www.colorrite.com/index.php

1 - 20 of 31 Posts