Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys bought a 03 rr and the rear brake pedal is really high. aprox at a 90 degree angle. I was wondering how to lower it. (the pedal as in the part that your toe presses on to brake)

·
Registered
22 Posts
there should be a nut on the linkage of the pedal adjust it there but dont forget if the lever goes down it's gonna pull the brake light switch so ul prob have to adjust that also to compensate and so the brake light doesnt stay on

·
Registered
352 Posts
what's a rear brake? haha

seriously though, look at the linkage, which is the part that is attached to the lever and the brake lines feed into. towards the bottom end, near the brake lever you will see the 2 nuts that you need to loosen to adjust the lever; one of which is probably tucked under the rubber boot of the linkage. I cant remember which way they have to be turned to adjust the lever down, but play around with it for a few seconds after getting them loose and it'll be pretty obvious.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks steve2z, pictures make it so much clearer on what to do. I just did this yesterday and it was a breeze. Basically did what you said to and it worked out really nice. Thanks

steve2z said:

I believe you are looking at spining up 23 and 28 to drop the pedal down a bit. I've got to adjust mine sometime too, for the opposite reason, its too far down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts