Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not looking to start a heated gun debate. If you are anti-firearms, please refrain from commenting on this thread.

I wanted know (just out of curiosity) how others are carrying when you ride. When i am in my truck/work/normal day i carry a m&p shield iwb. Generally in the 5 o'clock position.

I have found that when i do this on my bike, the gun rubs against the back of the rear spoiler/trunk. I have switched to owb on the hip(still concealed under my jacket) while riding. Either a colt rail gun or g34 (depends on how i am feeling :gun1:)

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I don't need a gun when the government forcefully has me register my own two hands as registered weapons.
In need of tlaining those hands ale you little glass hoppel !

Wise powelfull man you ale !

OP, I'm almost sure there is a post about this somewhere... I just couldn't find it..

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
Single stacks make it easier not to print.

In Texas, your bike is an extension of your castle. Carry in the trunk, or anywhere that isn't obvious.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a lot of customers that carry inside vests with a concealed pocket. I have one customer that had his wife make a concealed pouch to carry on his jacket that he frequently uses. I have another customer that lost his firearm from his iwb holster while riding. To each their own, and whatever you may find works or doesn't work/isn't comfortable for you. My father has used the belly band before as it gives easy access under his shirt without having to fiddle a zipper for a concealed pouch on a vest of jacket.

In Texas, do you need to conceal? I thought you could mount your M249 straight to your bike and ride around like that? An engineer certainly could figure a way to incorporate that into your steering/riding. You southern states have it so easy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I carry IWB at the 3 o'clock position. I always wear my jacket and it helps conceal in case you are worried about your shirt tail coming up you could tuck it into your belt or pants against the holster. I carry a S&W Shield daily. You could consider carrying a backpack and storing it there until you get where your going then transition to your person. Maxpedition makes packs with accessories for securing a handgun and magazines. Hope this helps.

·
OG
3,350 Posts
Don't forget that if you ride thru most parks, your clip and gun have to be separated. If not, it's insta-jail. Just fyi. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ha ha this tread runs on my airplane forums also. I keep guns in my airplanes in case I go down in rough areas. Shoot my way to safety ha ha. Too much Indiana Jones!!!

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Don't forget that if you ride thru most parks, your clip and gun have to be separated. If not, it's insta-jail. Just fyi. ;)
Depends on the state. In Ohio you can be on park property as long as there is no sign posted, and if you don't enter any buildings on the state ground.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I am not looking to start a heated gun debate. If you are anti-firearms, please refrain from commenting on this thread.

I wanted know (just out of curiosity) how others are carrying when you ride. When i am in my truck/work/normal day i carry a m&p shield iwb. Generally in the 5 o'clock position.

I have found that when i do this on my bike, the gun rubs against the back of the rear spoiler/trunk. I have switched to owb on the hip(still concealed under my jacket) while riding. Either a colt rail gun or g34 (depends on how i am feeling :gun1:)
I ride with a stealthgear holster on back. Single stack xds. The holster allows you to tuck your shirt in case my jacket comes up.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
In August, us CHL holders can open carry in texas. It'll be over my jacket, across my chest. Then I'll carry a Glock 19 since I don't have to worry about printing.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
In August, us CHL holders can open carry in texas. It'll be over my jacket, across my chest. Then I'll carry a Glock 19 since I don't have to worry about printing.
You can open carry in Ohio. No law against it, and no ccw required.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts