Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy cleaning the CBR and think its all part of riding such a great machine, but im looking for some tips and advice in one area.

How or indeed what is the best way to clean the underside of the end can. I have an Akropovic slip on which is starting to pick up all manner of crap, road dirt ect. And as it gets rather hot this stuff sticks like a bitch !

Soap and water during the usual wash get some off but some remain, starting to feel I'm not fully cleaning the bike now.

Obviously don't want to use anything that would be too abrasive but want to get the job done....

Cheers

Mikey

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Ya simple green, I use crud kutter from Walmart, and just about any dealership would have cleaner that gets road tar and chain grease off your bike... There is also a little tin can of stuff called oops that Walmart has that you can use in between washes just put a little bit on a cotton towel and rub the tar and grease off with it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
On my stainless/polished can I usually use goo gone in the spray form. It takes tar and all the other sticky debre right off then soap and water with a micro fiber towle
I'm actually pulling my pipe off next week to clean it, and has some tar, I didn't even think of using goo gone! That sh!t works wonders!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
760 Posts
^^ yes it does! My bud removed all the graphics and badges on his gsxr and was all pissed because of the left over residue. He brought it over so I could install his slip on.. (BTW.. 08 + GSXRs dont like slip ons) while I was thinking over using a hack saw or my grinder with a cutting disk I applied the goo gone and when I finished with the exhaust he showed up just in time for me to throw a towl at him and instruct him to wipe the areas.. that **** came straight off. He was stoked as hell about that.

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
i have a carbon fiber two bro, and the end cap is metal, and its has...hmm over 27k miles on it since i bought it new and the cap is now kinda black tanned. i usually just use simple green and sometime any regular engine degreser to clean it to its best, taht about it. over this winter i might open it and repacked it all

·
Registered
827 Posts
Foam engine degreaser does work too! Haha

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Goo-gone bro. It's the best

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
used dryer sheets

if thats not enough, used dryer sheets and wd40 to break down any of the tarry stuff

used dryer sheets also makes GREAT wheel cleaner

this is not a joke.

·
Registered
827 Posts
"not too fond of sh!t all over my stuff...everywhere"

+1 for this video

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
wow, I don't believe my eyes. Dryer sheets are so versatile.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
dryer sheets are the best. They take bugs and tar off better than anything i have ever used. I just make sure to wash the stuff off everytime afterwards

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just use HondaBrite when washing my RR and the Akra pipe. Then use Honda Polish over the plastics and even the exhaust and carbon fiber tip. Looks quiet nice and does the job!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the replies. I'm from the UK and AFAIK we don't have Goo Gone. I'll try and track some from eBay ect :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Kerosene. I use jet fuel, which is basically pure Kerosene because I can get it for free. It also works wonders on cleaning your chain WITHOUT drying out your O-rings like gasoline will.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts