Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is starting to build up some grim and the underarms aren't smelling too good LOL. How did you guys clean it? I have a Alpinestars leather jacket and it said no washing with water, no iron, no bleach, and no dry washing. So I took it to a local cleaner and they wanted 45 bucks to clean it. But if I could save 45 bucks, then I would definately like that.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Sorry, buddy. If you have the cash to buy the leathers, you need to spend the cash to clean the leathers.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
wash the outside like your skin. very mild soap and a washcloth. be gentle. i've read some good tutorials on leather cleaning...i think one is on this site...ill look for it.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I think he's asking about both the inside and the outside... The outside is relatively straightforward, but the inside might be more difficult and would probably require professional care.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
I Recomend Lether Cleaner And The Pile On The Leather Conditoner

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Best way and the cheapest. Saddle soap, let it dry and place it in a box with Arm and Hammer Baking Soda (just an open box of it, don't pour the Baking Soda into the box) and place your jacket in it. Close up the box and let it sit in there for about 2-3 days. It'll take all the stink out.

Same with your lid. Mild soap and water, dry it off, and place the lid in a box with an open box of Baking Soda. It'll kill the smell.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I use a damp cloth then apply leather conditioner when I'm done.

·
Registered
536 Posts
moisturizer

Mouse said:
Mine get cleaned when it rains.
nice....

but actually it dries out your leather. I use the Dainese leather cleaner and moisturizer. But then again, my jacket costs 1000$ CDN. On my alpinestars suit I use anything I can find and some water. The leather is dry as hell though. I recommend moisturizing your leather if you love it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts