Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been practicing wheelies everytime i get on my back now and ive found it easier to do wheelies using the clutch is way easier than power wheelies. People say you should start with power wheelies but i can't do those to save my life. Just wanted to hear if anybody else is the same way.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I just make sure I YUT UHHHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
yeah clutch them up. transfer your weight backwards at the same time. try them staggered to. thats where your left foot is on the passenger footpeg but you can still cover the back break.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the sticky...the search on here works sometimes and other times i can't get anything.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
too scared now.. need someone to take me back from scratch... :)

and now in my dreams is correct.. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
wasnt gonna start a new thread just to ask this so i thought i'd ust jack this one. So a local stunter was tellin me that highway wheelies is pretty much throttle of and on to hold bp and in the lot its all brake control. so is it true that highway wheelies IE 2nd or 3rd gear is pretty much no brake? obviously i'd still cover the brake but for the sake of asking.

·
Registered
247 Posts
wasnt gonna start a new thread just to ask this so i thought i'd ust jack this one. So a local stunter was tellin me that highway wheelies is pretty much throttle of and on to hold bp and in the lot its all brake control. so is it true that highway wheelies IE 2nd or 3rd gear is pretty much no brake? obviously i'd still cover the brake but for the sake of asking.

No those are Interstate wheelies. Hwy wheelies you still use your back brake. Interstate wheelies you unhook your back brake completely. LMO dont listen to me I only chase bp on empty back roads where if I did wipe out nobody would find me for 2 days. LOL

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
No those are Interstate wheelies. Hwy wheelies you still use your back brake. Interstate wheelies you unhook your back brake completely. LMO dont listen to me I only chase bp on empty back roads where if I did wipe out nobody would find me for 2 days.
wtf??

Like he said, don't listen to him.

I was unaware that there was a difference between highway and interstate wheelies. "Unhooking the rear brake"? I sure hope you don't mean literally.

On any wheelie, you should be covering the rear brake at the minimum. In parking lots doing wheelies >30 mph, a lot of back brake is used. On the highway at 45+ mph, the rear brake is usually not necessary, but you should be covering and ready to use it in case you bring it too far past balance point.

·
Registered
197 Posts
wtf??

I was unaware that there was a difference between highway and interstate wheelies. "Unhooking the rear brake"? I sure hope you don't mean literally.

On any wheelie, you should be covering the rear brake at the minimum. In parking lots doing wheelies >30 mph, a lot of back brake is used. On the highway at 45+ mph, the rear brake is usually not necessary, but you should be covering and ready to use it in case you bring it too far past balance point.

thats the kinda info i was lookin for. thanks mang.:cruising:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wanna meet this "local stunter"... Always use rear brake.. If your not using rear brake your either god or your not near BP.... And 3rd gear wheelies???? You guys are idiots!!!! Second gear MAYBE..... Slow it down guys... Think of it this way.. Car full of hott girls next to you.. Pull up a wheelie and FLY past them.. OR.... Pull it up and stay right next to them so when you set it down you can reach over and grab the piece of paper with four phone numbers on it..

No those are Interstate wheelies. Hwy wheelies you still use your back brake. Interstate wheelies you unhook your back brake completely. LMO dont listen to me I only chase bp on empty back roads where if I did wipe out nobody would find me for 2 days. LOL
wtf??

I believe that dood was kidding.. At least thats what Im gonna pretend... Surely he isn't that stupid...

·
Registered
639 Posts
You can definitely rock highway wheelies (2nd/3rd stock, 3rd/4th geared down) balance point wheelies with out any rear brake usage, my old roommate could slow down highway wheelies considerably (80mph down to 40) with out using rear brake (all engine braking), I also know people that use alot of brake on fast wheelies.

I personally don't use much brake for fast wheelies, just dab it now and then when it comes back a little to far. but its not nearly as sensitive as a lot wheelie, you can back off the throttle and use some engine braking with out completely chopping it closed.

I know I am probably going to catch hell for saying that, but saying you have to be god to balance a fast wheelie with out using your brake is silly. yeah its not the safest thing to do, but its not really that hard either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I first started doing wheelies, I had an easier time doing first gear power wheelies however I now have second gear popping clutch down and I must say, I feel it is second nature and much easier to control...I am still trying to do 3rd gear, I can get the wheel off the ground about 1 foot so I dont know if I need to slow it downm rev it and drop the clutch or what??????

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
ok....so my boys D, LanCo and Gville are holding down the good advice. And Chip. Thanks guys. Sic J by far has the best advice in this forum btw so listen to him when he gives it.

On the topic. I've run no rear brake, unhooked and done second gear hwy wheelies, slowing it down, taking corners...and NO I don't recommend it ever! Stupid and not worth the risk. This was after being able to wheelie in first, unde control, slowed down to 10mph and taking any corner and switching lanes all I'm first. If you can't wheelie first gear with rear brake control, by which I mean usage, then you are not qualified to wheelie second IMO. Things happen much faster at that speed and without the skill and know how to adjust direction on one wheel your bound to get yourself hurt badly

don't be a statistic. learn to wheelie first first!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok so the past couple of weeks i been getting better at wheelies but i can't keep it constant now. I just can't find that balance point and i always run out of rpms in first gear. What should i do

1 - 20 of 33 Posts