Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin to possibly head of there sunday. is there any roads i should look for i got my google earth going nuts to figure out a cool tiwisty way to get up there. any help would be appriecated

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a ride scheduled for there on sunday leaving from jersey. Your more then welcome to come. Gonna be ea quick pace ride though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea.. im not so sure i wanna go quick pace ive never been up there before probaly just gonna be 3 of my friends 2 of them are still a litte unexpierenced so i wanna watch out for them also. i take it rt 6 goes right into it but im still playin with google earth to figure out the best route from long island

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok one las piece of advice please. if you were me would you take the palisades all the way up or...take the NYS thruway to seven lakes pkwy and take that up. looking for less traffic more fun kinda riding

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Pallisades always bored the hell out of me . I almost always took the Bronx River / Taconic Pkwy . Traffic usualy wasn't too bad , plus you got to ride the goats trail on the way up there .

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
bunch of my buddies and i are riding up to bear mtn sunday morning. 9 am kick stand up at the starbucks on river road, edwater, nj.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well if u see an orange tribal, blue zx10 and black r6 thats us say whats up where leavin LI at 7:30

·
Registered
796 Posts
I was up at Bear Mountain by 7:45. I didn't hook up with you because I thought you were going later. It was chilly and some of the roads will still damp on Route 6 and Route 9. I was back home by 11:30, ample time to lube the chain and wash the bike before putting it back in the garage. I am hoping we get a couple of more weekends like this, sadly though the leaves are already starting to fall up in the Bear Mountain region. Not looking forward to the winter that's for sure.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes i was there around 9:30and got home by 2. went to the top, down seven lakes a little and over the bridge pretty cool time for my first time there, there was a lot of loose gravel and leaves. but it still was good time besides the traffic comming home on the palisades.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
PIP is the fastest way to get up there from northern new jersey. but you can take pip half way up to exit 5 and exit out to 9w north to bear mtn. 9w is more curvy.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i did aroud 230 but man my ass hurt, i may have a rash in there, im definetly going back this sunday if anyones down

1 - 17 of 17 Posts