Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddies ride at times with their helmet secured to their helmet latch.. and it stays in place, doesn't even wobble going approx 40-50 mph. last night, i took my girl home, both of us with our helmets on. on the way home, i used the helmet tie thingy that comes in our tool box to secure the helmet to the trunk. first off.. it kept wobbling cuz the loop thing doesn't allow the helmet to lay flat onto the body. secondly... i guess since that loop thing positions the helmet so low, my helmet was making contact with the tire and now my helmet has a big black patch on it. is there a way to tie the helmet to our trunk without using that stupid loop thing?? how do you guys secure your helmets when riding?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think I have used that stupid thing once for the helmet. It's only good for when you are leaving the helmet with the bike while you go someplace else...not while you are riding. I just never use.

The way I do it is I take the rear seat off, grab your helmet you want to attach to the bike with the bottom against the tail and the visor facing to the rear of the bike(this is on the left side of the bike). Now take the strap with the two rings on it. One will be over the other...use the bottom ring to slide over the little loop on the bike that is used to attach the seat too. Once you got it hanging from the ring...push the other ring towards the helmet and then snapped the seat back on and there ya go. :smile: It might take awhile to get it to work but after some time you get use to it. Sorry I don't have pics to show you what I mean. Hope this helps or someone will post a pic later maybe.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Try not using that thing that comes in the toolbox. The little black metal loop underneath the back seat works. I use it sometimes, and all I do is put the strap of the helmet down through the loop, and then I bring the strap back up and then do the helmet up. Hope that makes some sence to you...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ever thought about just wearing your helmet. I work as a paramedic and have seen more than my share of the brains. Just my two cents, you're entitled to do as you like.

V

·
0 Posts
parapuke said:
Ever thought about just wearing your helmet. I work as a paramedic and have seen more than my share of the brains. Just my two cents, you're entitled to do as you like.
Did you even read his post???? He was asking about carrying an EXTRA helmet while riding...

·
Registered
947 Posts
VinRR said:
parapuke said:
Did you even read his post???? He was asking about carrying an EXTRA helmet while riding...
Guess I don't get why one would want to transport and unused helmet (look what happend ie damage to helmet and possible damage to bike). Maybe he has more than one girlfriend, in which case that makes sense why he wouldn't leave the helmet with his girlfriend.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
newrider said:
Ok guys, how bout some pics of what you've said to do. I'm all confused :banghead:
LOL, same here. Guys just post some pictures.

P.S. how did the brain come to play in this thread, lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
parapuke said:
well maybe if u fully read the thread you would know what has goin on!!!! :twak:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Isn't there a mesh net that will go over the helmet sitting on the rear seat? You can stick it under the seat when not in use.

P.S.
Read your owners book! It states not to use the strap to transport your helment. Only to secure it to the bike when you are away from it... but I know, you gotta do what you gotta do. :(

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well.. i've tried that a few times... just trying to strap my helmet without that damm thing from the tool box... but i can't get the rings from the helmet to go through and still get the seat back on. i take girls out alot on my bike and unfortunately, there are times where i can't leave the helmet with them. if you guys have pics.. that'd be great... i'm probably gonna end up riggin' the metal piece you put the rings through.. but how

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
btw, yes it is for my spare helmet.... way to get my back guys ;-)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just cut a little gap in the metal ring that is on top, not the metal crap down inside the tail used with that crappy strap. Cut out enough room to hook your the d-ring on your helmet through. That keeps it nice and tight up against the tail.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jstock107 said:
I just cut a little gap in the metal ring that is on top, not the metal crap down inside the tail used with that crappy strap. Cut out enough room to hook your the d-ring on your helmet through. That keeps it nice and tight up against the tail.
you know i was thinking of doing that.. didn't think i was supposed to but i really didn't see how it'd hurt.. i'm think i'll try that

1 - 20 of 23 Posts