Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering when do i know it is time to to get new brakes? I don't want to find that out the hard way... How much does a brake job cost?

I've been hearing a noise coming out of my front tire (I think), and I'm not sure what it is, or if it's got anything to do with my brakes. Any idea what it could be? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
just look thru the calipers , its not like car brakes, bike brake pads are really thin even when brand new, my bike has always had front end brake squeak same as my friends, brake squeak is one of the most common complaints (i work as a automotive tech) my brakes are fine just they are noisy at times.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The noise is not the brake squeaking type of noise, it happens when i'm going low speed, and using no brakes at all

·
Registered
65 Posts
Like Tony said...there is a place on th calipers that you can look thru to tell..worst case scenario go ahead and take the caliper off and look..but for godsakes dont touch the brake handle when the caliper is off!...lol..and try to make sure you dont get any grease pr oil and such on the disc or pads...brake pad replacement is cake on these.

·
Registered
383 Posts
pokeeemon said:
The noise is not the brake squeaking type of noise, it happens when i'm going low speed, and using no brakes at all

It's because it has a "soft" contact with the rotars even without the brakes being applied. It's normal.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ya. take a look cuz i didnt even think of it until i took my wheel off the other day and was like "OOOO shhhttt" . i ordered brakes from one of our lovely vendors and am gonna do the this saturday hopefully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts