Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie question. Was struggling to open the 'bolt' (as described in the service manual). Actually didnt open it, I just ended up brute forcing the thing off.

It is to open the side fairings. Not the lowers.

I am clueless as to how i should open it (especially with ur common tools).

If you're not sure what the bolt looks like, i can get something for you to understand. This is where it is...

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
you got to use the allen wrench to take that bolt off
and there is only one ( silver color) i hope i answered your
question if not let me know

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
both of you are right! there's a black plastic pressure screw on the point of each mid and then an allen head screw a little back of those. i stopped using the black palstic things and just zip tied the mf'er. works great!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys its not an allen screw. There are two plastic bolts that hold the tip of the Side fairings. The 'black plastic pressure screw'

WherzRoony said:
The black plastic screw unscrewes a little then you pull the whole screw assembly out.
Please elaborate!

BlueBlur said:
i stopped using the black palstic things and just zip tied the mf'er. works great!
Please explain!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Stick your fingers on the inside and push the middle of the screw.... It will pop out..

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
lil' redneck girl said:
just take the phillips head screwdriver, put it in the little x spot, twist it around till it's about half way out, then pull it and the black washer thing out. they come right out.

haha well said.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lil' redneck girl said:
just take the phillips head screwdriver, put it in the little x spot, twist it around till it's about half way out, then pull it and the black washer thing out. they come right out.
Haha 'little x spot'?
Ok but seriously its not that kind of bolt.. its a bolt that doesnt have any 'x spot' or other spot for that matter. Its flat and it has the black washer. Drove me nuts!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
there should be a little spot in the middle of the plastic "screw" press it in with your key or anything small enough to press in the tiny hole. THen just pry it out with a flat head or push it out from the back. you're gonna be pissed at how easy this is when you finally figure out how it comes out. haha..i wish someone could just go over there and do it!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well 'thingies' dead now. Got torn off. I wasnt that patient. I did try pushing the screw part in tho.. it just.. went in. Nothing opened.

Ill replace those with the 'little x spot thingies' bolts

H

·
0 Posts
with those screws you can always stick a flat head under the washer looking part and pry it out... but this should not be done on spots that can been seen.. i.e. the one on the upper portion of the mids... this might scratch paint...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts