Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of my 2 years of riding I haven't really parked downhill, lol.
I always chose to parked on the uphill side.
It didn't look stable at all with the rear wheel against the curb.
The lean from the kickstand was almost straight up and it was fidgety when I was gonna get off.

So is this right? I thought it was. Even curbed my wheel!!! lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just park it the same way as normal, but put it in 1st gear when you park instead of Neutral and it won't roll

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Just park it the same way as normal, but put it in 1st gear when you park instead of Neutral and it won't roll
yep, just make sure to push the bike forward until it stops against the gear so it wont roll off the sidestand before you walk away from it. Also, in CA its the law that your rear tire needs to touch the curb if you park on the street, jsut an FYI.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always turn off or park in 1st~MSF orientation.
Didn't know about that rear tire must be touching the curb tho...:book1:
Thought it was more of a guideline rather than a law.

So I have to do a have circle and point almost backwards against traffic to park down hill?
The angle of the slope makes it hard to do the kickstand spin.
Damn, it's like I'm asking to get hit by the car behind me...:puke:
What about parking parallel to the curb?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Same as always, first gear wheel turned to teh left... I am a noob though too so what the hell do I know... :icon_lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that if it does roll forward at all or bumped, it's coming off the kickstand.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
^ Not sacrificing that...I'd probably be on a Busa if everything was straight and flat...lol
I feel ya man. That is my only complaint about TX so far. I miss the twisty roads. Guess you don't know what you got until it's gone. On a side note though, I would never be caught dead on Busa, they are the ugliest, squidliest bikes ever made. I will never understand peoples attraction to them.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
if the bike is too upright to park on the curb U-turn and park on the other side so the sidestand is on the downhill side. It might freak you out when you go to put it down on the sidestand but will work fine.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I have to do a have circle and point almost backwards against traffic to park down hill?
That's what I mean....I'll try and snap a pic of what I mean next time I'm there for a better visual. :p
But CA cagers are idiots, as soon as you pull off the center of the road, people swerve around you,
instead of looking out for what you are doing or why you're stopping.
That's what I'm paranoid about, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts