Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not being overly-familiar with this sort of thing, just wondered what people's opinions were on H.I.S.S.?

Is a bike still a target for loading into the back of a van? Or would the thief take to breaking and entering to try for the key?

Just wondering; my bike is garaged. Call me paranoid, but can't help worrying from time to time about someone trying for the key when there's only my girlfriend at home...would hate to think my hobby would put someone I care for in danger.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Unfortunately most bike thefts involve multiple people loading a bike into a truck or van. Unless it's chained to an immovable object, no ignition key device matters.

Once it's gone your only hope to see it again would be LoJack.

99.99% of thieves don't know crap about what you are talking about, and the odds of someone breaking into a house to find a MC key are probably less than a black hole swallowing the earth in our lifetime.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to know, in a way. Whilst I'd be gutted if the bike went, it's only a bike and it's fully insured.

Our equivalent of lojack here in the UK is "tracker". I'm tempted to get this fitted. Not because I necessarily would want the bike recovered, but mainly because I'd love to see thieving bar-stewards get their come-uppance if they ever nicked my kit!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Best bet.. Insure it and forget about it.. Make sure you have gap coverage... Keep it in the garage and be smart.. Ya know. Don't go to the club and leave the bike outside... Or in the hood..

And if someones bold enough to break in and look for the keys.. Wow.. That's bold. I highly doubt that would happen unless the person knows you or your routine..

·
Registered
70 Posts
H.I.S.S.?

can someone elaborate?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts